|Job Type:||Full Time|
Game Developer eXperiences (GDX), a recently formed team within the Gaming Division, is looking for a Senior Program Manager to help drive our Gameplay Services investments. Our mission in GDX is to empower game creators to realize their dreams of providing phenomenal cross platform and cross network game experiences to their customers. Your main area of focus will be game server hosting, which in addition to powering some of the most innovative and engaging gaming experiences on the planet, also represents a key component in Microsoft’s new Azure Gaming Vertical initiative.
A successful candidate will be a seasoned Program Manager, with the ability to think strategically around product definition and drive excellence through execution and delivery. You will work with our engineering and service teams to define and drive highly reliable and scalable global services that enable tens of millions of gamers to play online daily. Deep customer empathy and the ability to translate individual customer needs into requirements for broad platform experiences is critical.
If you thrive on fast-paced development using a variety of technologies, working on a focused team, and building effective partnerships, then this is the team for you!
- Build and execute the roadmap from where our customers are today, to the realization of our vision with clear metrics for success
- Work with a top-tier and passionate engineering team and PMs to provide customer insights, direction, and inspiration.
- Work across Gaming, Microsoft and external partners to deliver end-to-end integrated solutions
- Partner with Azure Gaming Vertical business, marketing, and sales teams to enable them to achieve their goals
- Be customer obsessed in everything you do while also delivering on our key business objectives
- Be an active member of an organization that contributes to the success of others and provides ample opportunity for personal growth and learning
- 5+ years of experience in program management, product management or a related discipline
- Technical understanding of cloud technologies and distributed systems
- A BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in DevOps environments and game development
- Strategic thinking in ambiguous and agile situations
- Ability to drive product success with customer empathy
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and groups
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.