|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
The Product, Offer, Price (POP) team within Planning & Launch translates business strategy into Product, Program and Pricing data published on Price Lists and used throughout Microsoft to ensure all products and offers are buildable, billable, and orderable for customers and partners worldwide.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The POP Process, Systems and Tools team is responsible to lead aspects of optimization to drive efficacy in how we define, design, plan, build, improve, and protect process, systems and tools. This team identifies and owns optimization opportunities. This includes aspects of prioritization, design and tracking business benefits across policy, program and process. We are improving the business and building future experiences.
The Systems and Tools Program Manager will work across business and technical teams to align systems, processes and data to ensure compliant offers are created and fully managed at speed and cost. Success in this role will require strong business and systems analysis, process design, data modeling and business scenario management. The role will have ownership of how multiple systems and processes can be integrated and streamlined to drive critical success metrics around launch planning, execution, readiness, product/pricing, compliance and portfolio mgmt. The ability to thrive in both breadth and depth scenarios is essential for success.
- Develop and drive a single vision for how the operating model supports how we configure product, offer, price through systems analysis and integration, process design, data modeling and best in class user experiences.
- Drive the identification and prioritization of opportunities for improvement across POP systems, tools and processes; evangelize changes across broader teams.
- Act as a single point of contact for POP systems and tools for POP execution teams for resolving issues, new feature intake and prioritization with our business partners and users of POP tools and work with engineering partners to establish a clear roadmap.
- Identify and execute systems and tools efficiencies by automating manual process, eliminating nonvalue added systems/tools constraints such as wait times, re-work etc.
- Work with POP leaders, execution teams, business stakeholders, launch infrastructure team, multiple engineering groups, business partner organizations to develop integrated planning tool and process requirements.
- Manage overall systems and data architecture to drive compliance, quality and speed of POP work.
- Collaborate across multiple internal teams to develop actionable integrated planning insights and impact.
- Systems analysis
- Data and process modeling
- Master data management
- Business systems architecture design
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration
- Impact and Influence
- Global Process Management
- Project Management
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Strategic Insight
- Global Insight
- Analytical Problem Solving
- 6+ years of relevant operations experience
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comfort of working with data and driving insight and action.
- Open, confident communicator effective in senior levels of engagement.
- Experience leading major change initiatives in complex organizational structures.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple teams to achieve alignment and agreed outcomes.
- Driven success in a fast-paced environment.
- High personal accountability for self and others.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and looks to drive clarity out of complexity.
- Comfortable being simultaneously self-driven and collaborative, and able to drive for change.
- Strong understanding of enterprise integrated planning
- Strong business intelligence and analytical skillset
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or BPM equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience managing and liaising with external vendors preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.