|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As Senior Software Engineer,you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the Flipgrid Teamand work to evolve how highly personalized content is delivered to users. You will collaborate with researchers, engineers, and product stakeholders to adopt and implement innovative modeling and learning solutions.
Your responsibilities will include shipping large-scale backend services that host complex models and algorithms to process critical user data.
- Ideate, design and develop services from early incubation to full-scale production.
- Design, train, test,optimize, and deployascalable personalization andrecommendationservice.
- Leverage AzureMLto develop pipelines thatprepare data, train models, and deliver content solutions.
- Develop experimentation services to quick deliveryand analyze user trends and behaviors.
- Collaboratewithengineeringteam to build maintainable feedback services.
- Gather feedback and usage from users to gather insights anditerate.
- Drive and evolvedevelopmentbestpractices.
- 7+ years ofexperiencein building large-scalemachine learning, data science, and analysis applications.
- 5+ years guiding and mentoring a team of engineersand data scientists.
- 5+ years of experience in at least one programming language like Ruby, Python, R, etc.
- Expert experience developinghighly tailoredrecommendation systems.
- Strong working knowledge ofML,NLP, andalgorithm designand concepts.
- Strongcollaborative abilityto work with engineering teams to rapidlydevelop,test, andmonitorsystems.
- Experience contributing to development and release planning.
- Experience in developingandmanaging a team of mission-driventeamof engineers and data scientists.
- In-depth experience building andoperatinga large-scale production service.
- Experience analyzing and improving service efficiency and reliability.
- Passion for learningnew technologiesand sharing your learning with colleagues.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Strong cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.