|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Program Manager, Commerce & Ecosystems – Marketplace Team
The Cloud Commercial Communities team within the Commerce and Ecosystems (C+E) organization is looking for a high energy and motivated team member to help us define the future of Commercial Marketplace experiences by bringing a data-driven perspective and skillset to feature prioritization, and help grow the business through data distribution initiatives throughout the company. This role represents an opportunity to tackle one of the biggest growth areas for Microsoft: driving accelerated growth of Microsoft Azure and Business Applications through our partner ecosystem. You will help evolve marketplace into a data-driven, nimble e-commerce experience that delights and enables end customers to deploy third-party software running on Microsoft infrastructure. By leveraging a variety of available web telemetry and business data, you will help determine the prioritization of engineering features based on the measurable impact they may have on the business.
The role will require day-to-day interaction with engineering PMs, OCP, Marketing, Business Planning, and senior leaders in C+E.
This person will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the team’s effort to define and drive business requirements for marketplace.
- Bringing quantitative insights to strategy and engineering prioritization discussions.
- Working with engineering teams to improve access to (and quality of) data both for marketplace and related motions like IP Co-sell.
- Building distributed datasets and reporting capabilities, enabling marketing, field, and partner development manager stakeholders to drive the marketplace business and adoption of marketplace by partners and customers. This also extends to defining and implementing new security models to protect partner data.
- Defining methods of measurement and metrics (OKRs and KPIs) to quantify the success of marketplace offers.
- Representing progress and plans to senior business and technical leaders.
- Partnering with others on the marketplace team on deep-dive analysis projects; acting as the in-house expert on marketplace data.
- Helping manage operational processes such as preparing for executive reviews.
- Proven organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently.
- Working knowledge of how engineering teams evaluate and deliver features.
- Experience building and applying prioritization frameworks to determine the relative rank of a variety of possible features.
- Experience taking end-to-end ownership of analysis projects, from inception, to testing results, to communicating findings, and to advocating for change or investment based on the results.
- Proficiency in a relational database query language (e.g., T-SQL, Azure Data Explorer (Kusto)).
- Excellent communication skills, including presenting to and taking direction from senior leaders and preparing written artifacts.
- The ability to leverage others’ work and make connections between projects and capabilities.
- Being comfortable working in a fast-paced business environment.
- A sense of urgency and commitment to solving problems across large organizations with diverse perspectives and goals, always with serving Microsoft’s customers and partners in mind.
- BS or BA degree.
- 2+ years of experience retrieving and analyzing data from relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience in program management or a related field (e.g., management consulting).
- Experience developing business models and forecasts.
- A functional knowledge of business concepts such as ROI and gross margins.
- A capacity for strategic planning in conjunction with a detail-oriented focus.
- MBA degree.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.