|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Dynamics 365 Connected Store team is looking for passionate leaders to help craft new products to transform the modern retail workplace. We use emerging technologies – including computer vision, IoT, and machine learning – to augment and improve the professional lives of retailers around the world, empowering them to achieve more.
Our focus is on enterprise scenarios and integrating physical data with business applications. We are building an end-to-end solution comprising both cloud services and edge processing. Working with developing tech means you are an agile problem-solver who is not afraid of big challenges.
What are we looking for from you? You embrace rapidly changing design demands and tight schedules. You not only have great ideas but also take ownership of product features and drive them to completion. If you have been searching for an opportunity to have a broad impact on Microsoft's plans for the future by working on a v0/v1 product (first release), this is the team to make that dream a reality.
This Engineering Management in Data Pipelines team is offering a Leadership role owning the state, best practices, and evolution of the service. This is a role of service-wide influence, leadership and autonomy.
- Lead, coach and grow a passionate Team of engineers that drives the area of Data Pipelines.
- Create and own an execution roadmap.
- Present your design to team leadership as well as to the engineering team to ensure alignment with our long term vision
- Set the example in setting up new experiences, pages infrastructure, skeleton services, etc. (i.e., write code!)
- Have a passion for quality and reach for quality-driven outcomes as aligned with customer obsession and timeline pressure.
- Assist, create focus and effort in incubating new projects and technologies to enable the next wave of customer scenarios
- 10+ years of demonstratable Service back-end (or full-stack) experience; including relevant experience in data pipelines, in one or multiple of: -- data streaming, signaling and/or big data experience (Kafka, Queues, EventGrid, Service Bus, etc) -- massive data ingress/egress (IOT, StreamAnalytics, Data Factories, Event Hub, etc) -- massive scale data storage or signal base caching (SQL, Oracle)
- 5+ years of managing others in the same domain.
- Demonstratable excellent engineering quality engineering practices across all phases of product development, deployment, validation and cloud operations.
- Have a passion for growing people.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate technical excellence into development practices.
- Strong drive for participating in Cultural, Diversity, and Inclusion causes.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Have the drive and initiative to pioneer new things.
- Be hands-on and love to live in source code and Visual Studio, Azure Dev/Ops, WinDBG, and/or other Microsoft Development tools.
- Professional experience with developing with serverless Azure compute technologies is a big plus.
- Professional experience with developing AI/ML hosting (Data Bricks or Synapse) and large scale related systems is a big plus.
- Strong sense of ethics, especially around privacy
- Excellent software development hygiene (git, Agile)
- Ability to quickly digest product and tech news to inform new architecture designs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.