|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position is for a Software Test Engineer II. The successful candidate will be involved software product verification and third-party interoperability testing (IOT) of virtualized & cloud native 4G/5G Packet Core products.
- Design and develop requirements-based test plans and test cases to ensure product quality.
- Use Automation Tools and Traffic Simulators verify the operation of 4G/5G Packet Core Products.
- Ensure that test activities are completed according to project timeline and with high quality.
- Generate and track detailed problem reports for any software, hardware or documentation issues found.
- Work closely with local and remote design and test teams to collaborate on test case execution, issue resolution and document reviews.
- Work with third party suppliers and partners to develop and execute test cases for Interoperability Testing (IOT). Provide support for these activities.
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years’ experience in software product verification for telecom products involved with call control and control plane software in embedded networking platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of the end-to-end 4G/5G wireless core network.
- Knowledge and understanding of 3GPP technical and product specifications with an ability to interpret the specification requirements into well planned and thorough test cases.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking concepts and protocols.
- Experience in Product Verification (Functional, Performance, Capacity, Robustness, Traffic testing).
- Experience in Interoperability Testing and/or Trials support.
- Experience in developing complex 4G/5G wireless technology call-flow scripts for functionality testing as well as experience in developing and implementing customer call models for traffic/load testing using automation and/or simulation tools.
- Experience with Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) architecture and various environments such as OpenStack, VMware.
Knowledge/Experience with the following is preferred:
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating system and configuration is highly desirable.
- Experience using Python, Expect/TCL, Perl, PHP, Shell and/or similar in a Linux environment is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud Native concepts and experience with Kubernetes and opensource components such as Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger, Elastic Search, Kibana, Grafana, Mongo DB, etcd, Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy, and Consul is preferred.
- Experience in developing and maintaining tools for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) is preferred.
- Experience with REST APIs is preferred.
- Experience with Public Cloud such as Azure Cloud, AKS, Azure Stack Edge, AWS is preferred.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.