|Job Type:||Full Time|
Want a spotlight position on cutting edge mobility with 5G/Azure? Looking for a role where you can interact directly with customers and help them transform into cloud-enabled businesses? Yeah, us too.
There are several openings for Sr. Field Engineers on our expanding team. This position serves as a dedicated frontline technical resource as part of a broader team supporting & testing at Tier 1 mobility customers.
These folks deliver unique value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and become imbedded network experts and customer advocates of our customers unique & expanding networks.
You will collaborate with subject matter experts within your team, across engineering teams, account teams, and management while continuing to maintain responsibility for being the first and best “face of Microsoft to your customer. In this role you will develop deep technical expertise, have an opportunity to learn emerging new technologies, and help those around you grow as you grow.
We need individuals with a passion for supporting customers, who are technically strong and articulate in explanation, who have had historically high impact and equally high stress tolerance as the role is extremely visible and accountable.
An ideal candidate for this role has experience in deeply technical roles, support experiences at cloud scale and leading complex and highly visible customer engagements. Along the way, you have managed situations where the stakes are high, learned how to negotiate, developed strong communication skills especially when sharing deeply technical information. You have obtained and leveraged data to make informed decisions and become a quick learner of new technologies.
- Directly engage and support top Identity customers to resolve technically complex and critical technical issues.
- Leverage knowledge and experience to mentor, model customer engagement skills, and contribute to technical growth of a global team.
-- Work with minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and manage your time in order to meet your responsibilities to the customers.
- Team members may be required to ability to adjust working hours according to business needs, including weekends, participation in on-call rotations and travel (if/when things return to normal) to customer sites
- Provide documentation and reports of tickets and issues to your manager or SM or to the customer.
- Own the tickets/issues end to end and take responsibility for all being satisfactorily closed.
- Educate yourself in order to improve your own understanding of the products as well as the underlying technologies, networks, hardware and protocols.
- Create workshops in order to help educate both the customer and for internal training to less knowledgeable or less experienced peers and colleagues.
- Travel to customer site as needed to assist with deployment, operational activities, training or onsite support.
- Become subject matter expert in customer’s networks in order to provide timely and effective responses to their questions and issues
- Escalate as necessary and using your judgment based on experience in Services and provide feedback to customer on solutions and their implementation also assisting remotely as necessary in the context of their maintenance agreement.
- Overcomes obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identifies and resolves teamwork issues.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- 9+ years’ experience in deep technical role in Technical Support, Consulting, Development, in service provider domain with hands-on knowledge of 3GPP, routing & switching, virtualization, Linux.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and overcome obstacles by resolving issues regardless of team boundaries.
- Promote a positive team environment by modeling behavior that supports good morale.
- Demonstrated passion for data driven decision making to help diagnose, resolve, and improve service offerings
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to look beyond the problem and contribute to design improvements.
Preferred (Optional-Additional) Qualifications
- Multiple Certification in Microsoft Azure and/or competing Cloud Technologies/Virtualization.
- Expertise in two or more of the following mobility technologies:
- 2G, 3G, 4g/LTE, 5G/CUPS and associated external interfaces, PCRF/OCS, HSS/HLR, etc.
- VoLTE, VoWifi, ePDG, GiLAN/Proxy
- Expertise in deploying and troubleshooting hypervisors like Azure, VMWare, Openstack, KVM, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, etc.)
- Expertise on routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge on troubleshooting Linux based systems.
- understanding on new technologies like Kubernetes, Dockers, etc.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.