|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an innovative Marketing & Communications professional with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about an organization's brand and reputation? Do you thrive in fast-paced, highly visible environments? If so, we want to speak to you!
Microsoft's United States Enterprise Commercial (US EC) team is looking for a Marketing & Communications Lead who will create an internal and external communications plan and program that aligns to the overall MSUS Executive messaging and will resonate with internal/external US EC audiences. In this role, you will ensure that internal/external program communications are modern, connected, and impactful to our constituents. You will take point on communications that will transform Microsoft’s presence in the Enterprise Commercial market and amplify our vast and diverse lineup of solutions. You will partner with our Corporate and MSUS Marketing teams to enable a cohesive and connected communication plan that will drive branded recognition in the US EC market for our executive team.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Enterprise Commercial within the US subsidiary (USEC) is a 3300+ person organization spanning multiple sales roles across the entire US (including employees in other countries that support some of our large strategic customers). With an organization of this size, we must have a clear value proposition/story that elevates our impact and differentiates us from the rest. With an emphasis on our People, we deliver on the promise of a strong employee experience grounded in diversity, inclusion, allyship and career pathing.
The Sr Communications Manager is a senior individual contributor role reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, in support of the CVP, Enterprise Commercial Sales. This role is responsible for the creation and execution of the overall communications strategy and messaging framework, and CVP leader internal and external communications support. This role will orchestrate across many stakeholders for core deliverables and requires an individual who is a great team player, a self-starter, strategic thinker and adaptable to jumping in to solve issues and drive solutions across the business.
- Lead, create and execute a US EC communications strategy and messaging framework and overall plan. In partnership with the CVP, Chief of Staff office, provide communications support to the CVP for internal and external communication needs.
- Lead, plan and execute on executive communication support including leader messaging and development, org and employee communications (e.g., all-hands/newsletters/events), internal and external presentation and content support.
- Support and develop content & applicable workback plans to execute on external partner/customer facing meetings or events. Plan and execute on internal or ad hoc communication projects.
- Build and maintain a communications library of stories and presentation materials.
- Develop a rhythm of communication that builds upon the US EC and MSUS communication plan and drives clarity and engagement for the organization.
- Invent and develop visually impactful communications and listening systems.
- Deliver executive-level work products including scripts, speeches, videos, and social media amplification plans.
- Collaborate with the MSUS Executive Communications teams/forums for shared best practices and alignment on messaging, WW Commercial Business, Industry Marketing, Product Marketing, Engineering and others to gather data and content for communications.
- Manage external vendor support for content, speech writing, and presentation materials.
- Align messaging to corporate and commercial narratives that resonate with Enterprise Commercial audiences
- Prepare the US EC CVP with rehearsals, scripts, etc while project managing the overall communications schedules (internal and external)
- 7+ years of experience in executive communications, including employee communication, marketing, public relations and/or journalism
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and deliver compelling information to both internal and external audiences
- Passion for communications, creativity and storytelling, including utilization of new channels, strategies, multimedia and other tools are effective to inform and engage people
- Proven track record in developing communication plans and landing key messages for both internal and external audiences at all levels, with diverse cultures and languages
- Proven track record in strategic communications support of senior leaders to include developing executive level presentations, content and overall exec communications support
- Strong organizational skills, cross-organizational collaboration, and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High interpersonal awareness, ability to impact and influence, and behaving with both a customer-obsessed mindset, while maintaining a team-first attitude
- Experience developing listening systems and measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications, adjusting communications plans, as necessary
- Has exceptional attention to detail and ensures accuracy in all deliverables.
- Experience managing teams of external resources (vendor management, delivery, and oversight)
- Preferred- Understanding of Microsoft’s solutions, including customers and partner ecosystem
- Business maturity and experience working with senior executives
- Eye for graphic design and multi-media creative (PowerPoint, Sway, videos, etc.)
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to drive coordination across all levels and stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple communication projects simultaneously and drive strong work-back plans
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and adapt plans and approaches in real-time
- BS/BA degree required, MBA or an advanced degree preferred
- Experience in Enterprise Businesses preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.