|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
We are looking for a top-notch Security Endpoint Protection Support Engineer that is passionate about cloud and security technologies to join a team that supports a product impacting tens of thousands of customers. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) is a platform designed to help enterprise networks prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has recently made it to Gartner’s MQ – do you want to be a part of supporting leading edge solutions? If you are an excellent teammate, looking to work in a dynamic environment and are passionate about security just as much as you are about helping customers, then you should consider joining the CSS Security Support team!
- Scope and resolve complex issues with onboarding, deployment and configuration of products
- Advise and educate customers on the features and capabilities of our products
- Interpret and analyze log data to troubleshoot issues in customer environments involving cloud, server, endpoint and network infrastructure
- Communicate solutions and recommendations to the customer and ensure that customers have the information and tools to address similar issues in the future
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams and experts throughout Microsoft to tailor the best solution for customer issues
- Perform activities necessary to quickly mitigate outages and service interruptions in the customer’s environment by recommending and implementing workarounds
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of product roadmaps and emerging technologies
- Investigate and communicate incident root cause to customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation when required
- Develop, document, and implement runbooks for training, process standardization, and guidance on how to troubleshoot effectively
- Minimum 3+ years customer facing support experience
- Minimum 1+ years experience with Anti-Malware technologies and/or Systems Administration with focus on security (this should include experience with endpoint security, server security and threat analytics)
- Knowledge and understanding of the internals of the Windows Operating System fundamentals (Processor, Memory, Processes and Registry) and/orNetwork Technologies (TCP/IP, VPN, Proxy)
- Hands-on knowledge in cloud technologies
- Experience supporting large and complex geographically distributed enterprise environments with 1000+ users
- Linux and/or Mac administration
- Experience with scripting and/or programming
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory and/or Azure
- Active Directory administration
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, or relevant work experience
- Preferred IT Industry certifications (Microsoft Certifications On-Prem or Cloud, Cisco, CISSP, CEH, Amazon AWS, etc.)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.