|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about data? Are you interested in analyzing data, finding patterns and unlocking insights to move commerce at Microsoft forward? The Analytics team within Commerce Financial Services is looking for strong PMs who are passionate and experienced in all aspects of data– data analytics, predictive modeling, statistics and ML – to do just that. Our team members are truly passionate about data but can also operate across the business and technical spectrum.
A successful candidate will have strong data analysis skills, be able to understand our business and business processes, possess the technical skills necessary to build data platforms and pipelines, and the PM skills to drive projects from ideation to implementation. As part of Commerce Financial Services, we work on systems and process responsible for all commerce at Microsoft – millions of transactions a day and billions of dollars in revenue each year. This includes the commercial and consumer selling motions across all lines of business. Our team is responsible for building services to support Billing, Tax, Invoicing, Payments and Financials.
As an Analytics team, we need to take a truly end to end, business and technical, view of Commerce - understand how the data flows across all sales motions, how the data ties together across services, and what controls exists to ensure that the flow of data is 100% complete and accurate.
- PM will be responsible for the planning, design and management of feature releases on Commerce Radar. Commerce Radar is a platform designed to provide views into the financial and system health of our Commerce stack.
- Deeply understand our selling motions and financial process and translate business need into technical requirements
- Analyze end to end data flow across the commerce stack and map data flow to business processes.
- Develop metrics to evaluate performance expectations for consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of processes as well as models to detect anomalies and failures.
- Build data products and data pipelines to provide downstream engineering teams with Commerce data necessary to run out business
- Work with product and program marketing, operations, support and engineering on identifying areas where data analysis/machine learning/statistics can influence the platform, customer/partner experience, and revenue generation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within a process or service based on data analysis and drive changes into the platform.
- 5+ years of program management experience
- 5+ years data analysis experience
- Ability to write SQL queries to extract data
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, business intelligence, information retrieval, relational database modeling, data warehousing, data processing (ETL), business activity monitoring (two or more areas are preferred).
- SQL development experience is a plus.
- Experience with various data analysis tools, ETL tools, and statistical packages.
- Experience with R, Python, Azure ML, Cosmos, SQL is a plus.
- Ability to write code (C#, Powershell, basic API development) is a plus.
- Understanding of Microsoft’s Commercial Sales Motions (Volume Licensing, Cloud Service Provider, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or a related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.