|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design simple and delightful user interfaces for new and existing Okta products.
- Probe challenging problems to gain a deep understanding of user goals and behaviors.
- Apply your solid understanding of usability heuristics to evaluate new and existing features, offering viable suggestions for improvements.
- Develop mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interactions, implementation details, and user goals.
- Support UI engineering by providing all necessary visual assets and CSS attributes.
- Employ data and analytics to measure design outcomes.
- Embrace candid feedback, prototyping, and early failure as design accelerators.
- Actively mentor junior designers and drive projects that address design team-level challenges.
- 5+ years of experience in UX / product design.
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction or related field or work experience as a designer.
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and / or similar design tools.
- Can comfortably distill complex technical problems into clear, conceptual models and simple, elegant solutions.
- Great communicator, analytical thinker, at ease with technical subject matter, and preferably has a good sense of humor.
- Must provide a digital portfolio that showcases impressive skills across a variety of projects, emphasizing work that has been seen and used successfully in actual product, with demonstrated value. (Portfolio link required when applying.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Command Skills
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Personal Disclosure
- Personal Learning
- Problem Solving
- Standing Alone
- Strategic Agility
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Work/Life Balance