|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re looking for an inbound leader that is eager to demonstrate their ability to manage, coach, mentor, and motivate a team of sales driven Business Development Representatives. You should bring a proven track record of success in achieving lead generation targets, building effective teams, and developing talent.
Okta’s BDR team holds a position at the top of the funnel for the global sales org and is the talent pipeline that feeds our Account Executives. You will align inbound lead generation goals, strategy, and tactics to our go-to-market initiatives in the marketing organization. You will collaborate closely with marketing, sales, and enablement groups to maximize pipeline creation.
- Hire, onboard, and develop new Business Development Representatives
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly performance of the inbound team to ensure monthly quotas are met and achieved
- Provide weekly reporting on volume statistics, lead pipeline, conversion to qualified prospects, sales opportunities generated and campaign effectiveness.
- Maintain a strong focus on outcomes and impact
- Develop your team’s skills for prospecting, qualifying, and opportunity creation
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics with the aim to increase productivity
- Work cross functionally with marketing, sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality and BDR to AE hand-off.
- Articulate the business value of Okta, maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends
- Minimum 1+ years directly managing a team of SDR/BDR’s (startup/growth-stage experience highly preferred)
- 1+ years of experience as a quota achieving SDR
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Strong executive presence and the ability to maintain confidentiality and business ethics
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Expert in using Salesforce.com and other sales tools/products to drive productivity
- Proven ability to effectively hire and train new reps
- Effective presentation and listening skills
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments and the ability to work through unknowns that can often develop with a sales and product roadmap that iterates and adapts quickly
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.