|Location:||Miami, Florida, Nashville, Tennessee, Tampa, Florida|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes, and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As an Azure Infrastructure Specialist, you are a senior business leader with deep technical expertise within our Small Medium Corporate (SMC) sales organization, working with our managed customers and partners at-scale. You will lead a virtual team of technical, services, and partner resources to help customers realize digital transformation through cloud computing. A core competency of the role is to advance the engagement process to achieve/exceed quarterly Azure infrastructure consumption targets for related workloads in your assigned accounts. You possess both a high EQ with executive presence, able to engage with senior decision makers to uncover digital transformation initiatives, and a passion to learning how Azure cloud services can deliver digital transformation. You will develop and maintain an Azure infrastructure and application migration expertise, able to identify projects, build a compelling business case, and drive the consumption project to production. You will build and maintain relationships with customers and partners, influence long-term strategic direction and act as a trusted advisor driving engagement at the CXO level with technology decision makers. You will help customers evaluate their cloud strategy, determine approaches to application and data migration and modernization, and recommend solutions that meet their requirements. You will remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs via the Azure platform
- At times you will need to be the primary point for many customers, deliver strong first impression, and set foundation for long-term customer relationship
- Influence and partner with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email, and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains
- Understand competitor solutions and products in an effort to drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft Azure consumption. Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new leads through customer researching, territory planning, and prospecting
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- Exceed quarterly targets
- Experience: 5+ years experience of technology-related sales or business development experience with a focus on cloud computing and management.
- Account Management: Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required.
- Executive Presence: Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver: Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required.
- Business Value: Able to understand a customer's KPIs and align the value of the Azure services to those KPIs.
- Consumption Project Management: Experience leveraging cloud adoption methodologies and frameworks to structure application migration projects preferred.
- Collaborative: Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence.
- Azure Platform: Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud platform with emphasis on Azure Infrastructure solutions including IaaS and PaaS based environments, and Azure based application management and governance required.
- Technical Dialogue: Engage in technical sessions leveraging available resources to drive solution discussions around common infrastructure and application implementations and best practices.
- Technical Frameworks: Ability to leverage technical frameworks such as the Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure to guide customers and partners through the cloud adoption journey preferred.
- Leadership: Experience leading large cloud engagements, especially those involving Infrastructure migration and application modernization projects preferred.
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud and datacenter infrastructure competitor landscape including AWS and GCP.
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.