|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference!
We’re looking for a Sr. Director of Sales Operations & Architecture to define and centralize common operational functions to scale, improve, standardize, and accelerate business, sales, compete, partner transformation in the field and lead the field transformation through landing and enablement. If you are an exceptional leader, execution driver, and cross-team collaborator, we want you to join the Data & Artificial Intelligence team!
Data and Artificial Intelligence (Data&AI) is one of the most strategic & fastest growing businesses worldwide at Microsoft. In fact, Data & AI represents a massive $138B market opportunity with 80%+ of it coming from on-premise through 2020 ($64B) and Data & AI cloud services representing the remainder ($74B). Given our mission to build THE hyper growth business for the company, there’s never been a more exciting & compelling time to be a part of the Data & AI business at Microsoft!
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and limitless thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
- Develop highly scaled and efficient operational models
- Build, drive. and manage standardized sales operations & processes
- Drive adoption of standardized tools and reporting
- Support yearly planning and business architecture
- Own and drive Culture and Skilling transformation of Data & AI Field leadership and sellers
- Create simplified and consistent seller experiences and success
- Provide insights so we can coach Area performance on growth, Customer Adds, Consumption, Compete and scaling across segments and partner
- Create impact improving sales execution via operational excellence and data driven targeted guidance internally and to Global Sales, Marketing, & Ops (GMSO)
- Business Planning, Standardized Business Intelligence (BI) & Reporting
- Operating Rhythm and holistic business view
- Identify key metrics that help us measure success of our strategy, investments, develop and implement key business reviews to
accelerate present insights. Examples include: Pipeline , net new required , growth/ decline pattern , baseline erosion , optimizing field execution model and drive progress to closure, Programs efficacy, Success of sales motions
- Accountable for the overall enablement strategy and execution to drive cultural and skilling transformation with the field
- Provide increased transparency and integration across all groups
- Deliver Business Performance Insight: Work across the Data & AI teams to standardize, simplify, rationalize, & organize reporting
to improve execution by driving analysis & insights
- Drive operational execution: Lead Planning and Operational functions to scale, improve, standardize, and accelerate business
outcomes which includes measurement and ROI.
- Define operating model for compete , industry , Partner and scale GTM and field landing
Key peer organizations you will partner with to execute on the accountabilities below: all teams in the Data & AI org, Field A14 Data&AI
Teams, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Partners (OCP/SIs/ISV), SMC, Services, and our Data&AI TimeZone leaders/GBBs
- Cloud enterprise customer experience in sales, technical sales, marketing and/or consulting roles
- Sales Operational management proficiency with financials, pipeline, scorecard, and other internal measurement tools,
- Experience and deep knowledge within Sales Excellence, Business Planning, Sales Operations, and/or Finance
- Structured Thinking: Clearly outline and present complex concepts, thoughts and ideas
- Judgment: Track record of combining data-driven analysis and experience to provide quality decisions / proposals, actionable strategic insights for complex problems
- Adaptability: Ability to handle change, juggle multiple demands, and adapt to new situations with fresh ideas or innovative approaches
- Cross-group collaborator: Demonstrate empathy and generate positive energy when solving complex problems in v-teams
- Influence: Proven ability to lead, inspire and mentor members of the sales, services, and marketing organizations teams, as well as to influence decision makers, influencers, and peers external stakeholders (partners, customers)
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Executive exposure and cross-functional stakeholder management, ability to work and build strong relationships with senior managers and executives
- Focus on providing process optimization by understanding the desired business outcome
- Innovate to deliver standards which enable speed, efficiency, and scale in the business
- Business Results accountability. Experience in roles that had primary accountability for business results including revenue targets and KPI execution
- Data & AI domain expertise preferred
- Strategy development and rollout
- MBA degree preferred, not required
- Change management experience
Location: Redmond, WA preferred. If not in the Redmond area, must be located in the United States and willing to work in the Pacific timezone.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.