|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager for the Mechanical system, with a proven track record of building innovative products through several development cycles. From concept to prototype to implementation, you will be responsible for leading the mechanical team on a product or its critical mechanical elements in development through the definition and development phases. You will work with internal and external partner teams, suppliers, product management, architects, development, quality assurance, and user experience teams. You will be required to align objectives, create functional specifications, implement a plan, and ultimately be part of a high performing team to deliver a high-quality product on time and on budget. The successful candidate will have experience with mechanical product design, effective written and oral communication skills, excellent cross-organizational and project management skills and thrive in a fast paced, evolving and highly innovative environment.
- Lead development teams to create end-to-end program plans, specifications, performance metrics, production qualification plans, and conduct executive reviews.
- Primary responsibilities will include directing and coordinating one or several teams of Usability Specialists, Industrial Designers, Mechanical Engineers, Design Verification Engineers, Tooling, Factory with Process and Reliability Engineers to bring a product from concept into mass production.
- Specific tasks include cosmetic yield studies, project budget management, risk definition and risk management, schedule development, contract writing, management of external engineering partners, strategy participation, intellectual property management.
- Other areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: Making and driving decisions based on program needs, leading hardware development team meetings during the product cycle, driving problems to resolution quickly; developing, driving and maintaining a detailed master project schedule. Tracking and reporting out program status.
- Responsible to drive manufacturing best practices, build readiness, incoming material tracking and overall good planning skills with the factory.
- Partner with program stakeholders and customers to achieve common goals.
- Ensure the successful implementation of Program Objectives. Develop schedules for program milestones, reviews, customer interfaces and internal milestone tracking.
- Help build, lead, manage and grow diverse and inclusive teams. Provide both technical and non-technical leadership to your teams.
- Help cultivate growth mindset of our team members and drive a high-performance culture with accountability via constructive feedback.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other team members in making high impact design choices and decisions throughout the development cycles.
- 5+ years of experience working as a technical program manager or other engineering discipline (focus on high-volume devices is preferred)
- Experience leading cross functional mechanical teams (functions) to achieve design, UX, specifications, schedule and cost goals
- Product design and development experiences with mechanical parts/processes/suppliers, experience in engaging with factory relevant tasks and workstreams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Demonstrated leadership and analytical skills
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success. Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized, motivated and self-driven
- Solid critical thinking and questioning skills
- Experience working in highly ambiguous situations
- Periodic travel to Asia (or work in Asia time zone whenever travel is restricted) to coordinate with local Vendors, Surface teams and partners may be required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.