|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As part of the Business Application Services (BAS) Team accountable for SAP at Microsoft, our employees make global impact on millions of customers and thousands of employees who use mission-critical ERP software and services.
Microsoft is transitioning to a cloud-first world. Microsoft Core Service Engineering is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft’s customers, partners, and our employees.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about driving world class engineering solutions in the SAP Data service and analytics team and collaborate with SAP on the future direction.
A fast paced and dynamic team environment will engage and energize your ability to solve complex business problems and provide an opportunity to be part of an exciting, World Class, business transformation.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineering Manager who is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery best practices, and is focused on an excellent customer experience. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across teams and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services to exceed customer expectations.
In this role, you'll drive SAP solutions for data integrations and analytics within SAP, as well as enabling multiple business areas with SAP data. Your ability to be the technical leader, focus on service first, and part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best service experience will be critical to your Team’s and personal success.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor great engineers while being a great role model of a “service quality first” obsession and data-driven Engineering Leadership.
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Drive through leadership and enable the implementation of a world class engineering solution on the SAP platform for the Microsoft Enterprise Services business.
- Collaborate continuously with a global team of Program Managers, Software Engineering and our Business Users and stakeholders to clearly articulate business outcomes and objectives and to define KPIs, measure reliability, availability and performance of our services including internal services and external integrations.
- Manage new Feature requests – in collaboration with Program Management: manage demand intake and prioritization with business and partners, coordinate work estimation, project planning and execution, risk mitigation and communication for service delivery.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Dev, Test and support teams in analyzing requirements, proposing designs, developing specs, and driving the designs to completion through virtual team leadership across PM, Dev, Test and Support to meet business outcomes and objectives.
- Manage Suppliers-contribute to supplier strategy and supplier management, drive cost optimization and value maximization in partnership with Supplier Strategy Office and Supplier Companies.
- Lead the configuration strategy for Master Data to enable the desired business processes for all Microsoft services across the Corporation.
- Engage partner engineering leads and business partners; effectively building a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with these teams through consistent on-time, on-budget and high-quality deliveries.
- Build and operate the services in a SAP DevOps Environment. Own the services in production, monitor, analyze, track, and remediate issues in production.
- Be Compliant – ensure team’s activities adhere to strict SOX controls related to SDLC, develop a scalable and best-of-breed Governance Strategy around Master Data.
- Champion – advocate, mentor and help mature team members in the Scrum Agile Framework, its related Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and lead the engineering team through agile development and release cycles.
- Do you have 10 years' minimum experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Software Design?
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 12+ years of hands on SAP ERP Implementation experience on large scale projects for enterprise businesses
- 10+ years of hands on SAP ERP Implementation experience on large scale projects for data service, leveraging technology such as SLT, BW, BW4Hana, as well as big data technology and A.I.
- 5+ years of experience on SAP HANA (Native) and the use of its different Views
- 5+ years of experience leading high performing Engineering teams
- 7+ years of experience working in a large-scale organization driving collaboration across multiple disciplines and teams
- Ability to communicate functional SAP strategies and roadmaps with Senior and C-Level Executives, strong verbal and written communication skills, strong collaboration skills
- 7+ years of experience working with a metrics-driven mindset, ability to experiment, learn and improve
- 7+ years of experience working with complex engineering problems with abilities to piece those into opportunities for the platform
- Experience working in an agile organization developing highly integrated and high-volume solutions
- Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations, adherence to SLAs and constraints in a service, including cost-based metrics (cost per transaction/user etc.)
- Deep understanding of SAP and Microsoft integration technologies (Azure, etc)
- Deep understanding of software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support with deep live-site and problem-solving experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related disciplines
- Some minor infrequent travel may be required
- SAP S/4 HANA, BW, BW4HANA, HANA experience
- Inherently curious, energized by large challenges, and interested in making a significant impact on a globally scaled business
- Experience developing industry standard algorithms applicable to analyzing current business service behavior through telemetry
- Experience developing standards in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Must have ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced, multiple initiatives environment
- Must have ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- PMP Certification
- Practical experience with Agile at scale (Scaled Agile Framework a plus!)
- Previous Experience with Microsoft Technologies; SQL Server, IIS, BizTalk, C#
- Experience developing project plans and managing releases with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, RUP, SCRUM, or other agile methodologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.