|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The vision of our Azure CXP group is to empower every Microsoft customer by creating the world class support experience for our customers, empower customers to self-solve their issues, and increase customer satisfaction with their self-help experience.
We are a young, fast, and dynamic team with startup culture that loves to take on big challenges, solve them and move onto the next. We have a vibrant developer ecosystem that is constantly growing coupled with steady adoption by many Microsoft services that is constantly challenging us with high scalability design problems. As a member of the team, you’d be getting opportunities to deal with these technical challenges on a regular basis and take our platform innovation to next level.
We are actively hiring Software Engineers to join the CE&S Engineering Team, responsible for designing and building software features, services, virtual support agents, diagnostics, web content, and products to provide digital support experiences to customers and support engineers.
As a CE&S Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building customer and agent-facing digital support capabilities. Key responsibilities include:
Development Lifecycle: A successful candidate should have experience in multiple phases of development cycle and will leverage this experience to design, build, deploy, and maintain online support features for customers.
Technical Excellence: SWEs demonstrate a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep,’ and an ability to quickly learn, estimate the work effort and build upon past experiences to deliver innovation.
Collaboration: Our engineers work with others within an immediate team, as well as across business units and various groups of the company to co-create solutions.
Customer Focus: Understands how engineering decisions result in added customer value.
Drive For Results: Our SWEs are flexible, adapt to any situation, and navigate ambiguity to solve problems and eliminate obstacles to delivering on-time results
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering IT technical discipline or equivalent engineering/software/services experience
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer or software developer
- Experience coding and debugging in languages such as C#, C++, Java, Python or similar modern development languages
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, programming patterns, and solving complex problems
- Demonstrated history of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated history of good decision-making, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Strong written & oral communication skills
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, PCF or similar could technologies
- Experience working in Agile process such as SAFE or similar Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular.js, React, Ruby on Rails
- Experience with big data solutions, technologies, and analysis tools such as Azure Data lake, Azure Data factory, Hadoop, R-server, Python, etc.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.