|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Microsoft Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to build out end to end Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial leader on the team you’ll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition. All while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investments, safeguarding shareholder interest.
Our Cloud Investment Strategy team is seeking a finance director to lead a strong team through financial evaluation of Cloud related engineering investments, partnerships, and procurements in support of Microsoft’s work with the US Government, thereby driving Microsoft’s growth and profitability.
This role is a great opportunity to:
- Partner with Business Development, Engineering, Field and other teams to evaluate requests for information/proposal and partnership opportunities
- Lead commercials and pricing discussions and find creative ways to maximize probability of contract award, with strong ROI and minimum risks
- Develop robust financial models to propose contract pricing and incentive structures, and to inform cloud profitability with a focus on gross margin
- Drive senior executive discussions on Government cloud margins, return on invested capital, growth opportunity and Microsoft’s path to success.
- Drive decisions and approval processes with Microsoft executives
- Develop frameworks to accelerate, simplify, and scale Azure’s proposal and post award processes across the Public sector
- Engage in continuous learning of Microsoft Cloud services, infrastructure, operations, go-to-market, and long-term cloud economics
- Model Coach and Care to lead a team, across attracting, retaining, and growing talent
- Champion Microsoft’s culture such that everyone can do their best work
Our team values the following set of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, computer science or engineering. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with progressive advancement within your discipline. Technology, investment banking, or strategy consulting experience preferred.
- Passionate about the technology industry, and ability to engage in technical discussions, particularly in commercial public and private cloud services, business models and economics.
- Strong modeling capabilities and ability to work with financial and business systems
- Ability to think end to end from strategic planning through multi-year execution; and to model the financial investments and impact accordingly.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity across a continuously evolving, fast-pace business.
- Ability to simplify for executive consumption
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results.
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Executive level oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex analysis in a clear, simple way.
- Thorough and detail oriented, yet able to see the forest for the trees.
- Experience in Federal Gov procurement process and acquisition regulations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work under tight deadlines.
- High level of self-motivation and autonomy; ability to quickly identify what needs to be accomplished and resourcefulness to get things done.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This role requires you to hold at minimum, a Top-SecretSecurity Clearance as issued by the U.S. Federal Government and be a U.S. Citizen. Do you hold a Top-Secret level clearance or higher?
- Candidate must be willing to upgrade to a TS/SCI (with polygraph) or preferably has an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). The role will require the candidate to maintain the active TS/SCI (with polygraph)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.