|Job Type:||Full Time|
Overview: EDU and Analytics
Do you want tocreate products thathelp powerthedigitaltransformation of global education systemsandimprove learning outcomes forstudentsall over the world? Areyou passionate about the ability to empowerteachers, students, parents, and the ecosystem withdataanddata-anchoredinsights? If so, then there is an extraordinary opportunity tocombine your passions and pursue BOTH as aPrincipal GPM on the Microsoft Education Customer Success Platformteam.
COVID has impacted education systems all over the world with~94% ofK-12schools experiencingclosures and theneed for distance learningsolutions.In response,Microsofthasworked with 10’s of thousands of customers enabling hundreds of millions of students and teachers withTeams andM365; helping schoolsmakeDistance Learning successfulinthe most trying of circumstances.
Ourteamdelivers products and services which empowereducators, school systems, and school system leadership with data-anchoredproductslike School Data Sync,EducationInsights, anda powerful data platform underpinning it all. We are bringing these efforts together in a new forward-looking Education Data Platformproductthat will fuel the digital transformation of schools systems globally, marshallingthe deployment of Microsoft O365 and Teams to 100’s of millions of learners; while empowering both customers andtheentireEducation Ecosystem with the data-rooted analytics and insights that improvelearningoutcomes. We are looking for aproductleader to craft theMicrosoft Education Data Platform product and business strategy, GTM, and drive aligned engineerng plans in partnership with Engineering.
TheEducation Data PlatformGPM will own thecoherentvisionfor ourEducation Data Platform productsand thebusiness/GTMstrategy for it.You will create both such that they integrate seamlessly with the gamut of Microsoft’s data-infused cloud products and strategies, delivering customer value and industry transformation rooted in data and data capabilities. You will drive alignment internally and externally through clearly articulated priorities and OKRs, ensuring clarity internally, externallywith peer/dependent/dependeeteams, with marketing and business planning, and with executive management. Your mission is to bring the best of One Microsoft to bear in concert with the work of our team to maximize customer value and fuel the transformation of education through theimpact of our collective work. You will partnerwith Engineering Management to drive the execution of the team to deliver with customer impact.This role includes taking on the accountability to improveMicrosoft’s Education GM through both COGSreductionandthe capabilitiesenabled in our products,as well asthe creation of new revenue bearinglines ofbusiness based on data platform deliverables.With the transformation of the education ecosystem comes the opportunity to transform how Microsoft aligns our overall education business with the value it confers. You will help do this,andin particular,ensurethe role Microsoft can play improving learning outocmes is driven by our data platforms and analytics collective offerings. As the GPM for our team, you will partner closely with senior management, engineering, business, and marketing leaders from acrossModern Life and Learning,E&D,and C&E as our data platform strategy creates multipole tiers of value across multiple customer segments and scenarios.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Strategicand business leadership: Work withexec management andthe leadership team to define and communicate data platformstrategy. Represent and communicateour shared visionacross the team and with stakeholders across the company. Represent and communicate our shared vision and strategy to external constituencies that further the transformation of global education systems through data.
- Product Definition: Lead Program Managersthrough the product definitionproces; converting business goals and priorities to OKRs, and in turn to features that create value and integrate seamlessly with other Microsoft products in the data feedback loop family.
- Partner with Engineering Managers: Work closely with Engineering Managers on our team and on the close partners of our team todeliverproductsand be accountable for the results.
- Partner with Business Planning, Marketing, and peer Product Leadership:Creating value with data in Education necessitates the close coordination of our products and valuepropositionswith those of other Microsoft teams - in Azure and M365. Coordinate with related product efforts and businesses to ensure that our work,when combined with the other investments of the company,amounts to a “whole greater than the sum of the parts” value propositions forour customers.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to synthesize business and product strategies spanning our team and the work of other teamsat Microsoft to anchor business value throughthe seamless delivery of customer value. Create Industry-shifting/transformingstrategieswhich align the interests of customers in and around our platform and products, driven by material ROI to the customer, and benefits for the customer and ecosystem.
- Planning and Execution: Ability to think holistically and strategically. Leverage understanding of engineering rhythm so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and decision making happens at the right levels on the team. Provenabilityto plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
- Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior business and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear,effective,and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Strong collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
- Cultural Leadership: Proven ability to lead cultural initiatives, havinga positive impact on team morale,and fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Microsoft Values: As a member ofthe EdgeLT, candidates must be excellent representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles.
- Judgement: Excellent business and technical judgment. Consistentlydemonstrating executive maturity and intellectual curiosity,to helpourteam pursue the best ideas.
Required qualifications for this role:
- 10+ years of program management / technical product management experience
- 5+ years of experience managingpeople
- Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting and retaining diversetalent
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbalcommunications
- Experience building software products with diverse engineering teams and stakeholders.
Below are additional skillsets and qualifications that are applicable to this role and may be an asset to the team,howeverare not required:
- Experience with variousdata and analytics products and industry norms
- Experience withEducation customers and the Education ecosystem
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.