|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft devices are redefining the way people see the world and how they get things done. This business is growing quickly and creating fans around the world. To ensure our customers have great experiences with our devices, we are reinventing the way people interact with Microsoft devices – Surface, Surface Duo, Surface Hub, HoloLens, Xbox and new devices categories. This is a unique experience to be part of transforming the way we help customers and developing a new business.
We are looking for a Dimensional Management Engineering Manager within a cross product engineering team to support all Microsoft Devices development. Working closely with product development engineering team as well as manufacturing partners, the dimensional engineering team influence product design and processes to meet functional objectives while balancing cost and quality.
- Recruit and grow a world class talent while delivering to Devices mission of creating innovative products.
- Ability to develop talent, motivate team members and provide clear direction for their career growth as well for the team growth.
- Identifies improvements in the design of major component assemblies or program areas for a product group, based on customer or partner feedback. Creates the appropriate process changes to deliver these improvements.
- Provide guidance on Datum selections, Measurements and GD&T application in accordance with ASME standards. Direct and monitor the development of the GD&T schemes of the models to meet ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Ability to drive organizational change while achieving targeted future state in timely manner.
- Adapts his or her style to engage and influence the target audience with clarity and persuasiveness most effectively. Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences.
- Provide guidance to other Mechanical engineers in the dimensional analysis requirements and processes. Participate in concurrent design development activities to ensure that the Dimensional Management objectives are maintained during collaborative design reviews.
- Enables his or her team to meet objectives and deliverables by addressing process problems.
- Work with manufacturing vendors and partners during the development of the dimensional controls to ensure the quality tradeoff in between functionality and manufacturability.
- 10 or more years of related experience in Dimensional Management engineering required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivilant required
- Prior experience leading a team as an Engineering Lead or Engineering Manager
- Candidate demonstrable competence using visVSA , CETOL, 3DCS or other commercial variation analysis tools
- Ability to develop talent, motivate team members and provide clear direction for their career growth as well for the team growth
- Ability to drive continuous process improvement across the Devices HW organization Desired Skills:
- Advanced ability to apply statistical techniques in practical solutions.
- Highly desirable to have 5+ years of experience running visVSA tools in driving dimensional variational analysis
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things.
- Highly capable in synthesizing complex requirements, resolving competing requirements, resolving conflicts and drive clear direction for the team and for the organization.
- Prior experience working on High Volume Mfg. product development
- Experience & knowledge of various statistical methods and its usage
- Working knowledge of dimensional management and design quality criteria and 3D tolerance stack analysis required
- Working knowledge of CAD systems as a minimum. Experienced Creo desirable.
- Working knowledge of quality inspection techniques, manufacturing fabrication, process and capabilities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.