|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft devices are redefining the way people see the world and how they get things done. This business is growing quickly and creating fans around the world. To ensure our customer have great experiences with our devices, we are reinventing the way people interact with Microsoft devices – Surface, Surface Duo, Surface Hub, HoloLens and XBox. This is a unique experience to be part of transforming the way we help customers and developing a new business.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with deep technical experience leading sub-system and part designs in a fast-paced product development environment. Candidate should be self-motivated, customer focused, analytical, data driven, results oriented and a team leader. A strong mix of technical breadth and vision of process improvement allow you to work cross functionally to tie mechanical assemblies and electronics into compelling customer experiences.
- Developing Mechanical Solutions for new product development from idea generation to design manufacturing.
- Ability to ensure designs meet the agreed upon milestones with high level of quality.
- Highly capable in synthesizing complex requirements, resolving competing requirements, resolving conflicts and drive clear direction for the part or the assembly development.
- Collaborate with manufacturing vendors to successfully manufacture hardware solutions.
- Identifies improvements in the design of major component assemblies or program areas for a product group, based on customer or partner feedback. Creates the appropriate process changes to deliver these improvements.
- Ability to drive continuous process improvement and organizational change across the Devices HW organization while achieving targeted future state
- Adapts his or her style to engage and influence the target audience with clarity and persuasiveness most effectively.
- B.S. Mechanical engineering, M.S. or PhD in related engineering discipline preferred.
- 10 or more years of product development experience, with at least 5 years designing assemblies and complex parts for electronic devices.
- Experience with high-volume manufacturing and working with overseas suppliers.
- Mechanical designer of at least one complex product that successfully reached volume production.
- Demonstrated experience in common manufacturing & design processes such as: sheet metal, plastic injection molding, machining, die casting, cold forming, etc.
- Prior knowledge and/or experience in performing Engineering Simulation & Analysis and statistical analysis.
- In-depth knowledge f mechanical tolerance analysis and Design of Experiment Techniques
- PTC Creo or equivalent CAD modeling skills
- Proven track record of influencing the design and the leading the change.
- Must be able to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.