|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Devices believes in empowering people to do more, through iconic experiences by building disruptive technologies that challenge the status quo and propels the world of productivity to the next level. We are the Engineering Services team within Microsoft Devices, responsible for innovating, building, and sustaining the internal technologies, services, and IT infrastructure that support our Devices organization. Our vision is to transform Devices Engineering Services through the ideals of simplicity, scalability, sustainability, and security. We invest in the development and use of technology to optimize our own processes and those of the Devices organization.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Design Engineer with proven track record in excellence and can partner effectively to drive impact. Devices Team manages a growing number of projects that interface with hardware and software partners. You will be responsible for understanding Engineering Team requirements within the context of the overall business and transform them into high value capabilities in scaling thru Cloud/Azure capabilities. To enable all these fantastic capabilities and high design scenarios, we need to continue building innovations on first-class cloud platform and services, highly scalable distributed systems, cross-platform clients, in-depth simulations processing at scale and so on. It is critically important to be able to efficiently operate a healthy global cloud service at scale to allow teams to innovate with speed and confidence. As Software Design Engineer you will work with internal/external partner teams to align vision, objectives, manage risks, define/implement plans, and ultimately deliver impact. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our Engineering teams. Candidates must have a track record for delivering operation workload and supporting cloud services. In addition, you need to be able to deal well with ambiguity and can help define clear goals and keep team in focus. You must have demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collectively in a team environment.
- Need to look at the end-to-end architecture and drive innovations to help improve the experience for our customers working closely with other team members and partner teams in Azure.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions in cloud
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions
- Ensure that services and components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored, and reusable
- Collaborate with internal and partner Engineering teams to translate business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and effective processes
- Drive efficiencies through software improvement and root cause analysis resulting in optimized service delivery, maturity, compliance and scalability
- Continually innovate and push technology to the limit both on scale and design, within our developer services scope.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the role of a Service or Software Design Engineer or relevant engineering role
- 3+ years of experience designing, managing or engineering an end to end enterprise-level service in either service engineering or engineering roles.
- Strong knowledge one or more of the following domains:
- IaaS Profile Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking)
- OS System admin (Windows, Linux), and Networking
- Proven working knowledge of Azure/cloud building blocks such as compute, storage, data-platforms, virtual networking, identity & access, secure key management
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.