|Job Type:||Full Time|
To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
Azure has one of the largest and fastest growing storage services on the planet, holding Exabytes of data and files not just for our 3rd party customers, but also many of Microsoft’s own services from OneDrive through Xbox. Our team is responsible for automation and tooling used managing Azure Storages capacity lifecycle and service growth; including ensuring scale units are utilized effectively and decommissioned at end of life.
As a developer on the Azure Storage capacity management team you will work on varied tasks and projects - from optimizing balancing algorithms for capacity and migration management, developing new services to accommodate our ever-changing platform and offerings. Also as part of decommission project, you will work on improving the underlying algorithms to speed up the work load migrations in the production environment.
Azure storage is a fast-paced team that just like to get stuff done. You will work with smart people who care deeply about creating a fun and supportive workplace, and you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and grow.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Operate and maintain ETL pipelines to shape raw data into trusted metrics that convey accurate health of services. Build new tech into existing solutions.
- Effectively collaborate across Azure/C&E/first party teams in big-data for mining, reuse, analysis and research
- Apply data mining and statistics to measure and understand the system impact on user experience and Quality of Service.
- Research and develop solutions for providing high quality data (data completeness, data hygiene)
- Research, architect, develop and deliver solutions in an agile development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT related technical discipline or in place of 5 years of industry or software engineering experience
- 2 years of programming experience in C# OR 2 years experience with another object oriented programming language and willing to learn C#
- Curiosity and willingness to ask questions
- Ability to write solutions which can scale out and be integrated with large scale distributed systems
- Knowledge and working experience in data mining, statistics, mathematics
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
- Experience with distributed systems/Scale out systems
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
- Prior experience in Cloud service offering is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.