|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
Our Samsara Recruiting team has helped scale the company to over 1000+ employees. We are looking for a dynamic leader to take us to the next level. This individual will be responsible for leading the team with the mission of bringing in the right talent at the right time. Specifically, this will include delivering innovative programs for inclusive recruiting, improving our recruiting infrastructure and operations at scale, and making Samsara’s brand become even stronger as we continue to grow. We want someone who is strong at systems thinking, expanding our talent brand, and knows how to make us more efficient at scale. Hiring is at the core of what will drive Samsara’s future success.
You will operate as a member of our people leadership team and report to our VP, People.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a high-performing recruiting team. Hire, develop, and lead a team of high performing directors, managers, and individual contributors across full-cycle recruiting as well as recruiting operations & programs. Embody our Samsara Leadership principles.
- Drive diversity initiatives for the company & execute on hiring goals. Execute on quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs
- Operationalize talent planning. Drive talent resource planning and forecasting. Leverage data to develop both short-term and long-term recruiting plans. Perform recruiting capacity planning and balance hiring resources (in-house, agency, etc.) to ensure the right resource allocation to support the global business.
- Iterate our programs. Own and drive the development of recruiting programs including: interview guides, interviewer training, candidate assessment/calibration, referrals, internships and outreach recruiting, etc. Develop programs that are creative, transformative, and support the long-term goals and vision of the company. Develop and execute diversity and inclusion recruitment strategies and embed into programs and practices.
- Improve efficiency at scale. Design, implement and maintain processes, tools, and systems needed to scale and support recruiting at Samsara in the short and long-term
- Tell the Samsara story. Partner with Marketing to focus on Samsara’s employer brand and ensure that web presence, events, social and employer and job-related content reflect Samsara’s values.
- Be a culture champion. Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition with experience in private and public companies
- Minimum 5+ years of people management experience; demonstrated ability to coach, empower, and develop talent
- Ability to build credibility at all levels of the organization
- Passion for building a diverse team
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Has a strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals and proven success working with internal and external partners
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- BA/BS degree
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.