|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a developer who loves rolling up your sleeves to understand how hardware interacts with Microsoft’s platforms? Do you like the idea of working directly with hardware partners to enable new experiences? If yes, the Windows Devices Platform team has an opportunity for you.
Our team's charter is to work with silicon vendors, OEMs and IHVs to create and maintain Windows device driver stacks. We ensure there is a diverse hardware ecosystem with Windows for our customers to enjoy.
1) Direct partner relationship with Silicon Vendors and OEMs to drive best in class devices.
2) Support of prototype and reference hardware to allow the organization to self-host current and next-gen devices.
3) Feature development and platform integration for existing and future devices.
- 5 years software development experience in C/C++.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Proven experience shipping consumer devices.
- Windows or other OS driver development.
- Demonstrable debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work through ambiguous situations and driving solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.