|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology, being part of a collaborative and diverse team, and advancing critical customer missions in space?
Azure Space is seeking exceptional talent to help create the future with our partners in advancing our customers mission in outer space. In this role, you will work in an agile environment that values creativity, knowledge sharing, and employee growth. We seek out new and different perspectives, exercise curiosity, and embrace a culture of learning. You will have substantial opportunity to shape technical direction, make a tangible and positive impact, and obtain unique and valuable experience across an array of technologies.
You will leverage deep understanding of space and the Azure cloud and apply it towards innovative solutions for thespace ecosystem, including developers, operators, and end users of space services. As we develop and grow our business to enable the space sector, we identify and take on advanced projects to push the art-of-the-possible with Azure. Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on (and off) the planet to achieve more, and we strive to make Azure the best cloud for every industry and customer.
Join us and build the future of global computing and connectivity!
- Program management responsibilities for technical projects across digital tools, connectivity, and advanced analytics with cloud-enabled solutions.
- Lead architectural discussions with customers and dive deep into internal engineering dialogues.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on technology investments and applications between Azure and the space sector.
- Establishnew technical areas that enhance and exploit Azure capabilities to drive growth in the space sector.
- Partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, compliance and the field leadership to translate new concepts that are emerging from the research community into new products offerings through proof of concept demonstrations.
- Stay abreast of new Azure services and be a technical scout for the organization such that emerging opportunities are not missed.
- Manage multiple programs working with a diverse set of skillsets from within Microsoft, with partners, and with customers.
- 7+ years’ technical experience in applying space and/or cloud solutions and products for industry and/or government solutions.
- Ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business and technical needs and priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and address technical challenges, solve problems, and make tough decisions/recommendations to customers and leadership.
- Excellent communicator and able to present to audiences in a clear and effective manner, at various levels of technical depth in written and presentation form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government Top Secret security clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong track record of delivering services, creating exciting technical proof of concepts, and/or shipping products.
- Experience in working in or with the space sector and understanding space mission capabilities and needs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.