|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on building a planet-scale artificial intelligence (AI) system? The central Azure team is looking for truly exceptional software engineers to be part of a specialized startup team to build the next generation of cloud-based AI systems. Our work encompasses a wide array of hardware, compilers, distributed systems, operating systems, networking, and datacenter technologies.
Responsibilities include building robust distributed systems code from inception through to productization. The ideal candidate will thrive amid ambiguity and enjoy building lasting systems and possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills along with hands-on technical leadership.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Highly proficient with C/C++ coding
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- High interest in quality and engineering excellence
- Proven ability to create componentized and well-architected software
- Prior experience in building large scale cloud services, distributed systems, or operating systems
- Understanding of TensorFlow and PyTorch runtimes - a plus
- Experience programming GPUs (graphics processing units), CUDA/cuDNN/NCCL - a plus
- Experience programming FPGAs (field-programmable gate arrays) – a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.