|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a part of that, we are aligning site strategy with our global initiatives focused on best practices and shared accountability. This role is an amazing opportunity to shape Microsoft’s expansion strategy and the experience of our employees in Reston. The Site Business Manager will play a key role in driving initiatives as well as impact at scale, advocating a One Microsoft mindset, and serving as a relentless champion for our employees and customers within the Microsoft Reston site and the local community. This a unique career opportunity that combines technical capabilities as well as business insights.
This position reports to the Engineering Site Lead and partners closely with local Engineering leaders, corporate vice president stakeholders, human resources, recruiting, and others. This person will partner with the Site Lead to help define and deliver on a plan for engaging the local ecosystems and shaping an innovation culture. The Site Business Manager will manage and lead a small operations team in support of this work.
We seek a highly resourceful, self-driven individual with the ability to partner, execute, and lead through influence. Our ideal candidate leads by example, has sound business judgement and problem-solving expertise, and cares deeply about creating a vibrant and inclusive work environment for all.
- Support and maintain rhythm of the business (RoB) that drives execution of core business priorities and encourages best practice sharing with other Microsoft development centers.
- Support and participate in strategic initiatives or cross-group projects contributing to the overall strategy. Create and implement accurate plans. Develop success metrics and communication approach for these initiatives and projects.
- Partner with corporate communications and local teams to deliver on an internal communication (meetings, presentations, milestones, etc.) and external communication (university engagement, customer, partner, PR, etc.) strategy that reinforces Microsoft’s values, brand, and presence in Atlanta.
- Partner with leaders, HR, Microsoft Garage, and D&I champs to shape and influence a positive, inclusive, and innovative culture at Microsoft Reston.
- Maintain relationships with peers outside the team to ensure strong cross-group collaboration.
- Manage the site budget, in collaboration with finance and budget stakeholders.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Impeccable attention to detail and a relentless focus on execution with the highest degree of quality
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of people across the organization, including senior leaders, individual contributors and support staff.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- 5+ years business program management, business operations, engineering lead, finance, or technical advisor role
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Organization Development, Business Management or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Strong people management skills with 4+ years of experience as people manager.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country.