|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
The Global Data Center Operations (GDCO) Labor Management team in CO+IE owns Labor Management which empowers datacenter operation ticket optimization and automation. The team owns Labor Reference system which is foundation of datacenters labor hierarchy and reference data associated, the team owns Labor Coordination System which help in ticket auto assignment and execution optimization, the team also owns varies dashboard to empower technicians and managers. This is one of most critical teams as part of GDCO App ecosystem, it’s still a relatively new team and owns the full stack of software. There are huge opportunities to innovate and drive solutions end to end.
Your role as a Software Engineering Manager will have you leading a passionate group of software engineers to develop modern, secure, and scalable GDCO Labor Management services. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with datacenter industry leaders and world class engineers. You will also have the opportunity to explore and innovate using cutting edge technologies and driving business processes in data center operations.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Drive GDCO Labor Management services innovation and development.
- Coach and mentor each team member on your team so they all learn, grow, and succeed.
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations which leverage GDCO App platform.
- Provide oversight and accountability for technical decisions.
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineering leader.
- 6+ years of industry experience developing software applications or services
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Managed teams with at least four direct reports
- 10+ years of industry experience developing commercial software applications or services
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Excellent communication skills with engineering and non-engineering colleagues
- Proven track record of design and technical accomplishement, excellent analytical skills, and ability to abstract concepts to think in terms of object oriented design.
- Experience with middle tier/backend technologies. Examples include C#, .NET, data technologies (SQL/entity framework/etc.), web services, REST APIs, JSON, XML.
- Data-driven mindset. Ability to mine data and persuade your team using effective analysis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.