|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy leading cross functional teams to surmount tough technical challenges while solving for critical business needs? If so, Hardware Strategy and Planning may be the place for your next career move.
Microsoft delivers more than 200 online services to more than one billion individuals worldwide andMicrosoftAzure Hardware Systems& Infrastructure(AHSI)Groupis the team behindourexpandingcloudinfrastructure. We deliverthe coreinfrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft'scloudbusinesses includingMicrosoft Azure,Bing, MSN, Office 365,OneDrive,Skype, TeamsandXbox Live.
The Hardware Strategy andPlanning (HSP) organization withinAHSImanages hardware roadmap planning and program management from concept through production for all of Microsoft’s current and futurecloudservices. Well-defined andwell-executed strategic planning ensuresthatourproducts meet requirements for performance, features,costandschedule. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow, the ability to align ourlong termhardwareinfrastructure plans to customer and business requirementsisof paramount importance.
We are seeking a high caliber and self-driven team player to drive and support theplanning of futureserver hardware platforms for Azure datacenters, and tohelp the AHSI Group make decisions with respect to roadmap planning and manage technology intercepts and investments.In this role, you willwork with business units, architecture and engineering, supply chain and finance teams to define new platformsthat delivercompetitive advantage to Microsoft and meetbusiness requirements,thenmake well-supported recommendations to executive leadership. For this role we seek an experienced Strategic Hardware Planner who is an industry professional and can distill the needs of our internal business partners,andcreatetechnical plans inpartnership witharchitecture,engineering, supply chain and product group representatives to ensure all requirements are met.
- Engage withMicrosoft cloudbusiness unitsto define futurehardwareplatformrequirementsandalignrecommendations for executive approval.
- Partner with engineeringand architectureteamsto define platform design objectiveswhich meet technical andbusiness goals.
- Lead cross-functionalteams(including members frombusiness units,softwareandhardwareengineeringandarchitecture,networking,datacenterinfrastructureand supplychainmanagement)to build data-driven strategic frameworks for decision making.
- Make technical and businessrecommendations for executive decision-makingbased oncross functional teaminput
- Perform scenario modeling, financial modelingandmarket analysis. Evaluate performance, features,cost, and time-to-markettradeoffs
- AssessMicrosoft Azure’s competitivenessin light ofanticipated changes in the industry, customer and competitortrends
- Recommend internal and external process improvements and excellence conversations cross functionally to ensure we have optimized processes and aligned across partnerteams
- 5 years or more expertise in server architecture, including microprocessors, memory, storage and networking technologies.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering.
- Product Planning and strategy alignment experience.
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results by working across multiple organization
- Expertise in rack and cloud datacenter architecture, including, power and networking technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of cloud service architecture, cloud business objectives and competitive dynamics.
- Analytical aptitude for solving both technical and business problems.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills with experience in aligning and presenting to executive leadership is desired.
- Proven customer obsession in prior roles where customer requirements were gathered and implemented into a product .
- Must have ability to work independently and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build relationships and influence in a matrix organization.
- Self-motivated, driven individual who can work in a rapidly changing environment .
- Ability to work in an ambiguous business environment with competing business tasks.
- Experience working in Hardware Infrastructure Engineering Groups and business leaders.
- Familiarity and previous experience developing programs through phase gate process is preferred.
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Abilityto meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirementsarerequired for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.