|Job Type:||Full Time|
The CO + I Cloud Infrastructure Supply Chain team is seeking an experienced Strategic Supplier Relationship Manager with a proven track record and passion for using data and process to achieve desired outcomes, working in conjunction with procurement teams, across internal & external disciplines to advance Microsoft’s Supplier Relationship Management program.
The leader is a motivated transformational change agent responsible for advancing strategic supplier partnerships to enable Microsoft to be the Customer & Partner of Choice, ensuring we get the A team, winning our war for talent and achieving its critical objectives. Success in this role will require a high degree of collaboration, senior level communication, change management, and experience leading supplier relationship programs.
The right candidate must have deep expertise in driving change at scale using analytics, process design, and influential communication & presentation to senior leaders & executives that span large internal & external global organizations. Problem solving through analytics creation, process engineering, effective presentation, as well as a hands-on program management approach to drive change internally & externally is critical.
- In conjunction with Procurement Sourcing & Operations Teams and functional Business Stakeholder leaders, lead Supplier Relationship program for assigned supplier categories, across the Microsoft cloud infrastructure data center supply chain and ensure that we are driving forward actions and desired outcomes.
- Develop, formalize, and maintain collaborative relationships with strategic suppliers, including interfacing with senior executives & project teams globally at Microsoft and across supplier’s leadership chain to drive business outcomes. Establish common goals between key stakeholders and suppliers, and drive communication between both sides.
- Drive rhythm of business for Business Planning & Executive Performance Reviews with Microsoft and Strategic Supplier cross functional teams, capturing key actions and takeaways, conduct gap analysis and manage action items to closure in a timely manner.
- Ensure a common supplier engagement and risk assessment approach is taken towards management of Strategic Suppliers and that Suppliers recognize this engagement approach.
- Lead the collation and management of supplier performance & compliance requirements source data, including processes for data transformation, data management, data quality assurance, data analysis and data visualization.
- Drive supplier engagement and risk assessment transformation initiatives across large cross-functional teams that creates value for both Microsoft and Suppliers. Act as a thought leader to drive continuous improvement to our Supplier Relationship Management processes and tools.
- Conduct and analyze internal and external assessments/surveys to evaluate supplier business performance and trends that inform supplier performance reviews and business planning with suppliers.
- Develop & maintain supplier performance and relationship summary overviews, including dashboard, presentation & communications.
- Convey complex data via visual techniques to increase awareness & speed of decision-making.
- Accountable for centralizing, documenting, and maintaining supplier engagement and performance artefacts, and market intelligence for assigned supplier categories.
- 10+ Years of relevant supplier management experience leading supplier relationships in Supply Chain, Procurement & Sourcing programs at technology or heavy industrial manufacturing companies, or equivalent consulting experience
- 7+ years of demonstrated project/program management and/or kaizen facilitation experience of large cross-functional teams in business operations and technology process improvement areas.
- 7+ Years of experience developing data analytics & business metrics for evaluations of supplier performance, scorecards and KPI, and continuous improvement.
- 5+ Years of demonstrated experience with verbal & written communication to executive leadership, addressing both large and small executive audiences, creating clarity & promoting alignment across various business disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial or Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain. MBA or master’s degree in a related technical field and/or Top-tier management/Big-4 consulting firm experience preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification an added advantage.
- Experienced - Supply Chain, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, and/or Supplier Governance and management experience preferably with a technology or heavy industrial manufacturing company.
- Influencer - Ability to influence and drive change management. Experience delivering change initiatives that are solving problems utilizing disparate tools and methodologies.
- Communicator - Experience leading & presenting business & technical information to Senior internal leadership and Supplier C-suite. Top notch presentation and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both written and verbally with peers, senior leadership, internal customers, and outside suppliers.
- Analytics Savvy – Proficient in Data Analytics and Business Intelligence skills for reporting, including advanced Excel, Power BI, and creating compelling presentations. Experience with databases and data visualization tools being a definite advantage. Ability to comfortably shift between hands-on detailed analysis and big picture thinking.
- Collaborator - Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization, work through ambiguity, successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities, self-motivated and thrives on minimal supervision, and work under continual deadline pressure in an extremely volatile and high paced environment.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.