|Job Type:||Full Time|
E+D is creating trusted and loved productivity experiences and devices for people at home, work, and school. E+D is experiencing explosive growth, and WebXT Platform (Web Experiences Platform Team) is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth.
The organization is starting an executive office, and we are looking for a Chief of Staff to partner with and report to the WebXT Platform Corporate Vice President (CVP). The Chief of Staff will be a valued member of the Platform Leadership Team (LT). This individual will lead Rhythm of the Business (RoB), and partner closely with the CVP to develop the strategy and execution of the group.
This position will lead organizational operations including finance, hiring, and training, develop internal and external executive communications, partner with HR on org health initiatives, and ensure an efficient and effective RoB is in place. You must have the ability to think strategically at a global level and effectively develop key processes, procedures and communications that facilitate business planning and execution. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, strong financial acumen, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build compelling internal/external presentations and comprehensive business review materials.
- Business Process: Lead and coordinate RoB and improve processes to run the business efficiently. The Chief of Staff will establish the Rhythm of the Business for the team, and work with Finance and HR organizations to coordinate business processes and management control processes etc. Partner with finance and the procurement desk to ensure effective budget management and forecasting. Partner with staffing teams to meet hiring requirements and elevate staffing conversations with the LT.
- Business Planning and Leadership: Partner with the LT to manage the planning process ensuring coordination with corporate planning processes as well as planning integration across the broader org. Work with cross-division and cross-company/team counterparts to manage team participation as needed for key business events, next fiscal year planning, running business reviews, and other strategic business planning activities.
- Communications: Plan and execute CVP’s communications strategy and vehicles that support organizational strategic missions. Drive internal communications for team meetings and other internal communications at major milestones. Plan and manage team meetings including All Hands, staff meetings and manager meetings. Manage the CVP’s external communications for customer/partner engagements, speaking engagements to ensure successful and impactful use of CVP’s time.
- Financial Management: Lead budget planning and forecasting, hiring strategy, and resource management in alignment with the RoB. Manage the team's budget, headcount and spend in partnership with Business Manager and finance to ensure effective budget management. Ensure teams have a deep understanding of people/discretionary and non-people spend and drive to quarterly and FY financial targets/accountabilities. Lead fiscal planning process for the team in partnership with Finance.
- Business Integration: Drive strategic initiatives and provide thought leadership. Identify issues that impede business group success and provide solutions/recommendations. Identify opportunities to create cross group collaboration and synergies. Orchestrate team design conversation and facilitate successful implementation of organizational plans. Demonstrate discretion and professionalism when working with leadership team on sensitive business and organizational issues, manage ambiguity and propose workable solutions to challenging problems.
- Culture & People Programs: Work closely with the CVP, HR and leadership to identify, analyze and develop strategies to improve organizational health. Partner with HR to drive MS Poll action planning. Orchestrate team trainings and brownbag series to contribute to ongoing development. Define, plan and drive cross-team process improvements (e.g., team recognition, development of business plans and RoB). Elevate our partnership with Recruiting to ensure our organization attracts the best and brightest candidates and any openings are filled quickly and meet organizational hiring objectives. Drives and ensures a positive Onboarding, and ongoing training program for the organization.
- Special Projects: Drive high-impact cross-team projects as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments. Successful project management, including work with strategy consultants and other external agencies, on strategic efforts that require hands-on experience across multiple functional disciplines and business organizations.
- 10+ years of program management experience in a technology organization, with experience across multiple disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience driving teams to design, build, evaluate, support, and continuously improve global programs.
- Experience as a chief of staff or GPM within an engineering organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBA preferred.
- Attention to detail, strong strategic execution.
- Success collaborating across multiple teams and levels.
- Proven track record in project and business management.
- Experience leading and executing projects in a complex organizational environment and work on several diverse projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, financial acumen and communication skills with the ability to influence across non-direct reporting teams.
- Ability to translate ideas into clear, high impact communications.
- Ability to accel in an ambiguous environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.