|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working on novel legal issues at the forefront of mixed reality and next-generation computing at one of the largest technology companies in the world? If so, come join the Mixed Reality legal team in Microsoft’s Cloud + Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) legal group.
Our team provides front-line legal support for Mixed Reality, the engineering group responsible for HoloLens and other virtual/augmented/mixed reality platform products and services. This position will focus on Microsoft mixed reality devices and solutions for commercial, consumer and US government customers.
- Legal support for the engineering groups that design and build complex commercial hardware devices, software and services, and specialized solutions for US government customers
- Legal support for engineering collaborations, proofs of concept, and other technical engagements with government agencies and contractors
- Counseling and advising clients on a wide variety of complex and developing legal, regulatory, and compliance issues in connection with the delivery of specialized hardware, software and service solutions to the US government
- Drafting and negotiating customer and other agreements regarding the delivery of commercial products, and of specialized hardware solutions to the US government; drafting and negotiating agreements with strategic hardware suppliers, vendors and manufacturers
- Supporting the broader C+AI legal team on all of the above issues
- Collaborating with legal department colleagues and policy specialists on a variety of legal and regulatory issues, including intellectual property and trade secrets, product safety, privacy, accessibility, technology licensing, export controls, national security, and government contracting
- JD (or equivalent) and license to practice law in the US
- 5+ years as a practicing attorney
- U.S. Citizenship
- U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance is a plus
- Experience counseling and working with engineering or other technical clients on hardware development and specialized government solutions and contracting
- Background in technology, advanced hardware, and/or commercial transactions
- In-house experience at a defense contractor or US defense/intelligence agency is a plus
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills and attention to detail
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team and with diverse groups and cultures
- Willingness to be available on-call certain evenings and weekends to address urgent client matters
We are looking for an attorney with the following additional skills:
- Keen business sense, ability to think strategically, and desire to establish a trusted advisor relationship with business and engineering clients
- Flexible and analytical thinker able to quickly and accurately identify legal issues in a complex environment and to develop solutions by exercising confident judgment in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize workflow with minimal supervision
- Strong results orientation and customer focus
The position is based in Redmond, Washington. Some international and domestic travel (less than 25%) is required.
The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.