|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Teams is core to the company’s vision for intelligent communications and became a single hub for teamwork in Office 365 with over 200 million monthly active users and steadily climbing! We, the Engineering Systems team for Microsoft Teams, take pride in being the engine for shipping those features that our customers love. From the time a developer is ready to check-in code to the time our customers get their hands on it, we own the entire infrastructure in between. This includes developer tools, pre-check-in/pre-deployment gates, standing up the services, builds, deployments, distribution, customer feedback and overall product quality. We are looking for Principal Engineer who can think outside the box to take our CI/CD pipeline to next stage and increase the productivity of our 1500+ strong engineers across Microsoft.
What we do?
- Design, develop and maintain secure and compliant engineering infrastructure and tools that powers the CI/CD pipeline and release of Microsoft Teams across different clients & services
- Build tools to improve developer productivity and automation infrastructure.
- Champion best practices, tools, and processes for a data-driven, quality-focused release of Microsoft Teams as frequently as possible to our customers.
- Collaborate across different teams in Microsoft to improve the developer productivity.
- Love open source; grunt, gulp, yarn, selenium and node are part of our everyday vocabulary, but we’re not dogmatic about technologies – the best tool for the job is always the right tool.
What makes you a great fit?
- You’re familiar with CI/CD practices and have an opinion on how to apply them at scale.
- You believe that a task worth doing is a task worth automating.
- You think ahead and build for the future and aren’t afraid of ambiguous challenges.
- You are passionate about mentoring the best talent in the industry.
- You’re willing to work with different teams in Microsoft across geographical boundaries.
- You have a history of driving successful cross-organizational initiatives.
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with any modern-day continuous integration/delivery systems and Azure PaaS is preferred.
- Experience with automation or developer tools is required.
- Excellent problem-solving & debugging skills, with great communication skills.
- Good track record of working with partner teams preferably across geographical boundaries.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.