|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About The Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on individual to join our team as a GL & Inventory Accountant. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with an accounting background, high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
This is a full-time position at our office in Potrero Hill, and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, equity incentive, 401(k) match, fertility, medical, dental, vision benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Reconcile, investigate and resolve variances in general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries for review
- Support internal and external audit requirements related to specific assigned areas
- Partner with the Tax team for various tax and renewal filings
- Assist with accounting projects as needed, including Month-End close and annual external audit
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Assist with external audits
- Proactively review current procedures and seek ways to improve processes to ensure timely monthly close, accuracy of accounting entries, and operational efficiency
- Assist in the design, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of corporate accounting policies and procedures; and assist in internal control and process documentation
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting
- 1-3 years relevant accounting experience
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP
- Experience working under strict deadlines and ensuring compliance with company policies
- Must be a fast learner, multitasker with a strong desire to learn and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.