|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About The Role
This role will report to the Manager, Revenue, and will be part of a team that is critical to the company’s month end close process and reporting function. In this challenging role, you will improve efficiency of close processes, work cross-functionally with legal, sales, corporate accounting and finance to develop and enhance internal revenue systems, support management of key revenue controls, and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire accounting organization.
In this role, you will:
- Actively be involved in the monthly close process including preparation of reports and analysis, prepare journal entries, and flux analysis at month-end close
- Assist with performing balance sheet reconciliations, maintain supporting schedules for various entities and accounts, and assist with discrepancy resolutions
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logic or enhancements, and support new product launches to ensure revenue is recognized appropriately
- Enhance existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
- Identify opportunities for outsourcing and work on automation projects to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders including finance, business operations, and sales operations on a variety of projects
- Support external audit requirements
- Support revenue team on ad-hoc analysis and project
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Basic knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP under 606
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years professional Accounting or Finance experience; Public accounting background is a plus
- Month-end close experience preferred, experience with order-to-cash cycle
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data require
- Experience with Netsuite or other large financial systems
- Knowledge of and basic ability to read and write SQL a bonus
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.