|Location:||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Tool & Die Maker will be responsible for all aspects of die maintenance, including training, quality, safety and service. The Tool and Die Maker will be responsible for servicing, troubleshooting and problem-solving tooling issues. This candidate needs to be able to surface grind and perform machine set-up to maintain tooling. They may be assigned to a specific shift or group of employees, as well as, a specific process or group of processes within their department.
- Primary contact for the assigned team/process for basic technical or routine questions providing technical assistance and/or training when necessary.
- Provides training to personnel regarding standard operating procedures and processing techniques.
- Ensures job order and appropriate production process is being followed.
- Assists in resource allocation with management and other members of the leadership team.
- Assists in the resolution of production process issues (work flow, rework, first piece inspection, etc.)
- Initiates, implements and leads process improvement projects within team.
- Performs die and module changeovers including preventive maintenance and conditioning of the dies.
- Sharpens, repairs and creates close tolerance tooling.
- Supports stamping production by troubleshooting more complex die set up and production.
- Maintains high speed progressive dies, including sharpening of carbide punches and dies.
- Replaces worn or broken tooling.
- Sets up stamping presses.
- Troubleshoots and resolves tooling issues.
- Reads and evaluates progressions.
- Inspects and/or operates stamping presses as needed.
- Ensures maintenance performed is to the highest quality level.
- Follows safety guidelines and other policies and procedures.
- Ensures and works with Production to implement any necessary safety controls or procedures.
- Provides training support to the apprentices and apprenticeship program as needed.
- Uses inspection instruments such as comparator, height gage, job blocks, calipers, micrometers, gages, etc., to take actual readings to ensure parts meet final inspection requirements.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Proficient computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets, Power Point).
What your background should look like:
- Associates Degree in Machining Technology preferred; High School diploma or GED required
- Completion of State Approved Apprenticeship Program and a Journeyman’s Card, strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Tool and Die Maker
- Strong team work skills
- Automotive Stamping experience, preferred
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Effective Mechanical Aptitude
- Effective communication skills (oral & written).
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.