Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Ready to help unleash the power of teams across the globe?
Atlassian is hiring a Lead Product Designer to work on experiences for one of the most critical roles on any team, the administrator. Atlassian is increasing the quantity, complexity, and scale of our cloud offerings. We need to empower and support our admins, by proactively letting them know when something needs their attention, and by making sure the experience meets their expectations for behavior and clarity.
In This Role You'll Get To:
- Be instrumental in defining design direction the Cloud Enterprise Admin group as part of the Admin Core team, whose focus is to repair/refine our foundational admin tasks and develop an admin messaging system from the ground up.
- Work on a tight-knit team alongside product managers and engineers, involved in the end-to-end design process from research and ideation to implementation and iteration.
- Collaborate with designers on your team, and across the company, to build a vision, define principles and UI patterns, and expand/enhance the administration experience.
- Influence the user experience of products used by millions of people as they do critical work (at organizations like NASA, Square, SpaceX, Disney, Spotify, Airbnb, to name a few).
More About You:
- 6+ years of professional UX/product design experience, ideally designing complex or enterprise-level software
- Excitement for and experience in leveraging every aspect of the user-centered design process to tackle complex problems
- Ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features
- Ability to collaborate with, influence, and impact different stakeholders and teams across the organization
- Experience with conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- It'd be great, but it's not required, if you have: Experience with SaaS or complex enterprise applications
More About Our Team:
- You’ll be joining a team that is at the center of a lot of mission critical work that requires us to collaborate across the company. We challenge each other to improve our work, ask direct questions, and believe that the best team is one that is supportive and invests in each other’s growth. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to see if we're right (or wrong). It’s all about improving our user’s experience—no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.