|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about helping businesses adopt Microsoft Azure? Growth hack your career! Join the Microsoft Azure Commercial Experiences (ACE) team - the new generation of experiences which enable Azure, the fastest-growing cloud platform in the world, to make billions of dollars of revenue! We own customer acquisition, reservation scenarios, billing and management experiences for individuals and enterprises as well as the public APIs related to such experiences. Work on integration with our backend commerce systems and provide insight and analytics to our customers related to their cloud resource and service usage.
If you enjoy driving innovation in a fast-paced services team, are passionate about building great user experiences using latest cutting edge technologies, and yearn to build highly scalable services, this is the right opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly talented, energetic team player who has experience in Azure or AWS or similar cloud computing platforms. Our Site Reliability engineers are persistent problem solvers, always focused on mitigating issues and owning a problem until resolution is in place. To accomplish this, they work in close collaboration with various engineering teams. They are also involved in troubleshooting, making sure the sites & services are reliable (availability, reachability, security & scalability), CI/CD automations, developing tools to support DevOps model, and analyzing vast amounts of data to find trends and suggest improvements for Site reliability.
This highly challenging role offers diverse opportunities like:
- Collaborate with peer engineering teams throughout the full SDL.
- Provide engineering teams with availability, performance and scalability expertise.
- Constantly improve customer experience through quantitative service monitoring, alarming, and dashboards.
- In depth data analysis to gauge service trends and make improvements.
- Developing service health dashboards by consuming exposed APIs.
- Improving performance, availability and Security (Site reliability)
- Making service BCP compliant.
- Capacity planning and Utilization, Service cost and optimization.
- Finding gaps and Improving KPIs
- Implementing customized and out-of-box monitoring framework
The successful candidate will be working collaboratively with Redmond, Reston, China & India based teams. We need individuals with exceptional technical and communications skills.
2+ years of experience designing, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting.
Good understanding of SDLC
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing.
Hands on experience in .NET, C#, PowerShell, Cloud computing, BigData, Sql, Scala, Query languages
BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience.
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.