|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Sr. Content Experience Manager is responsible for driving the creation and delivery of high impact content experiences that align to event objectives and drive business impact. This strategic role will engage across teams to deliver content experiences across audiences associated with ESC events. The role will focus specifically on “Connection Zone” experiences within our digital event venue – activities to drive engagement, enrich content experiences, facilitate connections and infuse fun!
The event portfolio in ESC covers events of various sizes and complexity, both in terms of audience size and composition. But in all cases, the successful creation and execution of the content development process, and implementation of associated tools, is key to event effectiveness. The Sr. Content Experience Manager is a key driver in ensuring the content delivered is planned, prioritized, and developed as part of this broader experience.
We are looking for someone with an excellent ability to orchestrate and manage content development activities across many stakeholders, groups, and areas while driving adherence to development milestones, processes, requirements, and overall event objectives. This position is ideal for someone who has strong abilities around program management, business analytics, and collaboration, and one who brings a passion for building relationships and trusted partnerships with key stakeholders and other ESC event teams/members.
- Design and manage the Connection Zone content framework & programming, including the allocation across connection zone experiences based on input from the event brief and audience learning paths.
- Define Connection Zone experiences within the digital venue to include delivery modalities, objectives, audience targets, format, staffing requirements and attendee consumption.
- Drive strategic content operations workstreams including supplier management and workback schedule & collaborate cross team to ensure alignment and optimization across digital event workstreams.
- Manage Connection Zone communication and dissemination of information via weekly content operations meetings, weekly email communications, Teams site development and management, and more.
- Collaborate with tools team on wayfinding and discoverability of Connection Zone experiences
- Collaborate with Demand Generation team to drive marketing & promotion of Connection Zone experiences throughout the marketing campaign.
- Collaborate with Interstitial Programming team on programming inclusion and strategies for promotion and awareness.
- Drive training and readiness plan for all speakers and experts supporting Connection Zone experiences
- Collaborate with measurement team on Connection Zone evaluation strategy and engagement metrics to inform future planning.
- Work with the Worldwide Learning Team, HR, and the D&I Teams to ensure that content accessibility and compliance requirements are promoted and enforced as part of the overall content development process used for events.
- Other projects/responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 7 years of applied project management and implementation experience.
- Program management experience building and/or landing events or readiness programs.
- Experience developing and landing programs and processes that scale.
- Technical competence/experience and understanding of ESC Event Strategy and Priorities.
- Demonstrated ability of collaborating internally and across business groups, including leadership teams.
- Understanding/awareness of effective content design elements, content development and/or delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including high competencies in strategic thinking, analytical abilities, organizational skills, and communication/interpersonal skills.
Competencies required to be successful in this position include building strategic partnerships, cross-group collaboration, acting as a Trusted Advisor, excellent communications, process thinking, impact & influence, organizational agility, dealing with ambiguity, change management/adaptability, directing work through others, initiative, establishing effective business relationships, and consensus building. Demonstrated competency in customer focus, strategic thinking, program management, action orientation, creativity, and drive for results.
The ideal Sr. Content Experience Manager candidate will have superior negotiation skills and ability to demonstrate solid strategic thinking and cross group collaboration, in addition to the main competencies required to perform this role. Excellent Project Management Skills are a must for this position. General knowledge of Microsoft products, technologies, solutions, and architecture preferable. Knowledge of content management systems and content taxonomy concepts a strong plus. Must be able to deliver results with little supervision, self-serve around solutions and troubleshooting, and effectively manage multiple activities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.