|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
The Microsoft Federal Consulting Services Account Executive is responsible for managing enterprise services sales and business development, account development, customer satisfaction, client relationships, and overall account strategies in support of US Federal. The goal of the Services Account Executive is to help drive Digital Transformation for the Enterprise Services relationship, drive product penetration and consulting services revenue in customer engagements. Managing executive relationships and negotiating high payoff situations will be an everyday task in this position.
As a Services Account Executive, you will propose, manage and execute on customer contracts in order to achieve your revenue and business goals. To achieve these goals successfully, you will make decisions regarding the development and maintenance of client and partner relationships, work closely with the sales account teams in order to create and deliver a successful services sales strategy and leverage service offerings to address customer business needs. In order to understand the client business objectives and deliver services engagements, you will interface intimately with the client at all levels of the organization. In addition, you will actively participate in and lead account strategy and planning sessions with local and virtual Microsoft teams, which will include individuals from legal, sales, product development, product support and our partners. You will deliver regular sales forecasts and customer feedback on trends, opportunities and challenges in order to benchmark and forecast your business.
- A Services Account Executive must have superior sales, business development and business management skills. The Services Account Executive must demonstrate an expert level of proficiency in sales and business acumen, pipeline management, customer relations, opportunity identification and conflict and negotiation management.
- Depth of experience in a variety of applicable technologies is essential and strong services business knowledge is required.
- This individual must be able to understand and articulate Microsoft strategy and vision to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Services Frameworks is preferred. US Federal knowledge and experience is strongly preferred.
- 5 years relevant working experience with demonstrated expertise in professional services, program management and/or consulting sales management.
- Possess a strong skill set in IT Services, Solutions Sales and Business Development.
- Possess strong working knowledge and relationships within Microsoft Federal.
- Extremely strong written, verbal and communication skills (including proposal writing and presentation building)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to team with sales, technical, and operations resources
- Strong understanding and experience with incorporating system integrators and third-party participants into a single customer proposal.
- Strong understanding and experience in working with the US Federal Government
- A solid understanding of Microsoft’s business value proposition and products, including how solutions are built, and what is involved in implementing solutions with customers
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do quality work under tight deadlines
- Solid project management skills including risk assessment and management experience
- Able to manage a frequent travel schedule.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.