|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help top global companies use cloud computing to solve some of their most challenging issues by helping to build high quality software? Would you like to gain the deepest customer insights on maximizing the value of the cloud and taking that knowledge back into the underlying technologies themselves?
Following Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team enables high impact organizations to achieve more and drive the value of our Intelligent Cloud and Edge.
We are hiring a Program Manager as a member of the Program Management Office (PMO). We’re looking for someone who has strong technical skills on Azure and the ability to interact with senior people in the organization in an effective way. Your role will be to manage technical engagements with large organization, to make sure we achieve our goals and we document our findings and learnings. You will partner with CSE Dev Crews to ensure successful delivery and remove any blockers that occur.
You will have the executive presence and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to deal with multiple teams and senior people both in Microsoft and in the Customer organizations. As part of the role, you will use your industry experience to contribute to various Microsoft groups, providing feedback and influencing the roadmap for future product releases. Finally, attention to details, passion for data driven decisions and strong collaboration and orchestration skills are a must.
- Help your team members to scope customer engagements focused on clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Provide an end-to-end project oversight and disciplined and rigorous application of the process to ensure a QUALITY engagement delivery by the team.
- Build trusted relationships with CSE Dev Crews
- Support allocation of appropriate resources from across CSE and broader MS for engagement delivery
- Ensure alignment / communications across team, surface friction, de-escalate issues where possible, red flag/escalate lack of alignment across team to de-risk project success
- Be responsible of the data hygiene in our systems and operational excellence.
- Track, report, measure the business impact of our work.
- Collaborate with the other senior members of the team to share insights, practices and data that can influence the decision process on the engagements reviewed. Your role will require you to recognize repeatable industry specific patters and work with the other managers to create and reuse artifacts.
- Leverage analysis/data analytics to generate insights on customer engagement, delivered solutions, and technology impact to inform and recommend ways to reshape our business, propose new business models and enhance our ecosystem through broad application of solutions and influencing the product roadmap
- Foster a data-excellence driven culture by solving cross-organizational problems, sharing best practices, and creating insightful dashboards and Power BI views that help optimize customer engagements.
- Working across multiple teams in Microsoft as a key operational stakeholder managing customer engagements.
We do not believe that any specific education major is a requirement to be successful in this role. We are open to all backgrounds and are looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to deliver on the responsibilities for the role.
- At least 5+ years of experience in program management, project management or consultant role
- At least 2+ years of experience working with cloud computing technologies
- Demonstrating ability to structure and solve complex problems, communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization
- Understanding of business drivers and emerging trends in any or all of the following industries: Energy, Travel, Transport, Logistics
- Functional knowledge in cloud computing and mobile technologies, and a drive to continuously learn
- AZ-900 certification, other technical certifications are a plus
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycles (SDLC) and a track record of working closely with large development teams
- Ability to leverage and harness data from various sources to interpret patterns and trends with application across the Program Management Office teams and industry stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal communication skills
- Scrum master or related project management skills (Scrum, Kanban or others preferred)
- Experience leveraging diverse perspectives, technologies and organizations to pro-actively respond to customer needs in an integrated and aligned manner
- Enjoy travel and comfortable with regional travel up to 25% (post-pandemic)
We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many perspectives, cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.