|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking to hire a Group Manager to lead the Lease Accounting team. As an early adopter of ASC 842, the Lease Accounting team is innovative with a focus on leveraging technology and continuous improvements. The Lease Accounting team and is responsible for accounting and financial reporting of all Microsoft leases. This role reports to the Senior Directory of Corporate Accounting and manages a team.
- Lead the Lease Accounting team that supports the rhythm of business for monthly and quarterly accounting close processes.
- Oversee the coordination and preparation, delivery, and analysis of balance sheet and P&L reporting and assists in reviews with senior business leaders.
- Oversee the preparation of lease related financial information for Microsoft’s financial statements and footnotes.
- Work directly with business partners on new lease arrangements ensuring US GAAP compliance.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Treasury, Tax, and Operations.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, MBA/CPA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 9 years relevant experience in financial reporting and analysis from accounting/consulting firm or multinational corporation
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, adaptable, and able to multi-task
- This role can be located in Atlanta or Redmond. If located in Atlanta will require up to 15% travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.