|Job Type:||Full Time|
Interested in building and operating mission critical infrastructure in the cloud and on the edge? Want to design products that push the boundaries of messaging and event-driven computing? We are looking for a Product Manager to help shape product strategy and drive day-to-day execution across the Azure Messaging Services team, within the Azure Data organization. The software and services you deliver will empower developers and IT professionals across the globe to deliver messaging infrastructure that forms the backbone of enterprise architectures and modern serverless application platforms.
If you are interested in a product management position that pushes the boundaries of messaging infrastructure across cloud and edge, join us as a Product Manager for Azure Messaging!
This Product Manager role will work across the Azure Messaging product family with a focus on Azure Event Hubs and Kafka. As a Senior PM helping drive Azure Event Hubs you will be responsible for interfacing with internal and external customers, driving the product road-map and feature backlog, and delivering on a set of business targets including revenue growth and margin improvements. To accomplish these goals, you must contribute to an inclusive and high performing culture, where you work closely with software developers and other PMs in Azure Messaging and across Microsoft.
Responsibilities also include:
- Design end-to-end product experiences
- Prioritize product backlogs and coordinate a regular sprint cadence with developers
- Orchestrate software releases and roll-outs across Azure’s global data-center footprint
- Deliver real-time telemetry covering consumption, performance, cost of goods sold (COGS), quality of service (QoS), and more
- Help coordinate incident response on outages and service degradation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- At least 4+ years of professional experience working as part of software engineering team as a Product Manager, Program Manager, or Developer/Software Engineer
- Familiarity with messaging technologies like Kafka and AMQP
- Passion for delivering mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration experience as well as ability to find win/win solutions
- Proven ability to drive strong business results
- Experience delivering cloud-based products and services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.