|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a self-motivated leader who is passionate about delivering new software innovation that delights our customers and increases satisfaction of engineers writing the code? If so, come join the Office Engineering PM team! We're driving the transformation of Office into a fast moving, modern service that enables collaboration experiences across multiple endpoints, platforms and device form factors.
As a member of the Office Engineering PM team, you will be at the heart of this transformation, focusing on:
- Making it increasingly more efficient for Office engineers to deliver new experiences on Apple platforms. Rapidly develop and deploy innovation and fixes within hours.
- Modernizing the development platform and tools by working in collaboration with other Engineering teams at Microsoft and onboarding the One Microsoft Engineering system (1ES).
- Enabling engineers to build services that light up in the Office suite while transforming the codebase to become better componentized and easier to reuse.
This is a high visibility role, with focus on big transformations and large improvement gains. All Office engineers are customers of your work and the Office Leadership Team is heavily invested in the success of your efforts.
- Drive Office Engineering initiatives, using experimentation and data to drive decisions and direction.
- Collaborate with the org transition towards Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, where engineers make continuous low-debt improvements.
- Develop strong partnerships with engineers across Office and build a deep understanding of how they get their work done.
- Leverage partnerships to drive the vision and improvement of tools and process at a strategic level.
- Be a reference for Engineering best practices, technologies and techniques across the industry and cross-group within Microsoft.
- Drive Office requirements to Microsoft’s One Engineering System vision.
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience working in the software industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate business problems, alternatives, and product strategy.
- Ability to concisely frame problems and design simple solutions.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Apple development process and toolset.
- Proven technical skills and independence.
- Excellent cross-discipline leadership, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Lead, drive change and influence without authority across groups.
- Experience leading with and making decisions based on data and metrics.
- Experience defining, measuring, innovating and driving change in large-scale software products and systems such as Office.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.