|Location:||Denver, Colorado, Irvine, California, Redmond, Washington, Salt Lake City, Utah, San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer expectations and advancing Microsoft’s cloud first strategy? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft’s core businesses? If so, then look no further than the Azure Customer Experience Team! Microsoft Azure provides customers with on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft’s global data centers.
FastTrack for Azure (FTA) helps customers onboard to Azure, getting them on track to “build it right, architect it right, the first time”.
FastTrack (FT) takes a solution-centric approach, providing customers with Microsoft Azure engineers, tools and best practices significantly increasing customer success with Azure. Our team is looking for you, a strong Sr. Program Manager. You will lead a team of engineers that brings great teamwork, organization & structure, inquisitive mind, positive attitude, high-energy leadership, and engineering execution to our customer-focus team chartered with enabling a world-class experience for Microsoft Azure cloud platform customers. This role is integral to overall operationalization of the customer onboarding experience and driving success with Fast Track for Azure engagements.
- Lead a diverse team of engineers with capabilities to oversee the customer onboarding journey, the customer experience and maintain the overall customer relationship.
- Work closely with FTA engineers in addressing customer solution needs and driving success with their Azure deployments
- Identify opportunities where we can do better for our customers (process, tools, technology) to increase FTA’s overall impact.
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders across engineering, sales, services and partner teams.
- Coach team members and mentor others in planning, organizing and coordinating work.
- Evangelize and teach others to reach beyond existing solutions and technologies to incorporate new ideas.
- Work closely with FTA engineers in addressing customer solution needs and driving success with their Azure deployments.
Successful Candidate Competencies:
- Real day-to-day customer-facing experience and empathy
- Keen ability to communicate ideas effectively with executives and engineering teams
- Assembling, leading and working within strong cross-group and matrixed team environments
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to consistently create an amazingly positive experience for customers
- Track record of problem solving ranging from conceptualization to implementation
- Ability to juggle and manage several priorities and drive clarity for FTA engineers
- Real-world smart, logical and able to learn new areas quickly
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, build and deliver customer business results through an engineering or professional services team.
- Ability to communicate customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills, proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically charged customer situations; to lead projects and teams to motivate others
- 2+ year Cloud software industry experience
- 5+ years of direct customer facing experience or management consulting
- Microsoft Azure experience
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.