About the role
The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in the company’s use of a variety of molecular biology, cell culture, and screening techniques in support of antibody generation pipeline to deliver high-quality recombinant antibodies. The successful candidate will partner closely with other team members within the group and be required to make observations, analyze data, and interpret results with supervision.
About the Team
The New Product Development team in Branford is responsible for the development of best in class antibodies using our RabMAb discovery pipeline. This pipeline is utilized to generate antibodies to a variety of different target types.
- Work as part of the team to implement experimental plans
- Support all aspects of the antibody generation process for monoclonal antibody projects
- Use liquid handling automation to support high throughput assay screening
- Support data management: ensure the recording and analysis of all processed data in a timely manner, with appropriate population of laboratory notebooks and data management systems
- Help assess information to ensure data quality and completeness of results
- Ability to communicate results to supervisor and peers
- Anticipate problems to minimize issues, work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success of projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask
- Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties
- Work in accordance with current health and safety procedures, abide by laboratory SOPs and work within Abcam H&S, Ethical, and Quality standards
- Assist in other areas of the new product development team, as required, to support the team in meeting or exceeding deliverables
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, highly self-motivated, hardworking, have excellent organizational capabilities and deliver results consistently to a high-standard in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about science and wants to be involved not only in delivering challenging projects, but also understanding the how and the why; constantly pushing to exceed expectations. An eagerness to learn new techniques/technologies and excellent communication skills are a must.
You will be educated to at least Associate degree level in a life sciences-related subject. Our ideal candidate will have some experience working in a scientific industry/lab and have an awareness of working to strict timelines and demanding quality standards. Prior experience in either molecular biology, standard binding assays such as ELISA, or Western Blotting is desirable, as is any prior experience in antibody generation for biotech or pharma industries, although not essential as full training will be provided.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.