|Location:||New Albany, Ohio|
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Start Dates: February and March 2021
Schedule Times: Late Morning/Early Afternoon Start Times
Starting Wage: $16 + PM Shift Differential where applicable
Full Time Benefits
Our comprehensive benefits package starts day one and features insurance, financial planning support and excellent perks designed to help you reach your goals and live a rich, healthy life. These include:
- Paid time off (at minimum, 20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible US based employees
- 401K with company match and fixed contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks and subsidized Mindful options
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community
- Development groups and training
- On-site Health Clinics
- Onsite Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program (Discounted childcare at participating centers, free care.com membership, and subsidized Backup Care Services)
- Perks at Work (access discounts from over 30,000 merchants, earning WOWPoints while you shop)
What You’ll Do
- Handle routine customer service inquiries and problems for one to three call-type functions via telephone, digital, or chat channels.
- Navigate a computerized system for responding to and/or troubleshooting customer questions, which includes using standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
How You’ll Do It
- Document customer files.
- Handle customer service inquiries, using discretionary authority to satisfy the customer within reasonable limits including, but not limited to, adjustments or credit limit increases.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, as needed, to get the job done
Bonus Points If You Have
- High school diploma or GED
- A quiet work space
- Internet service with a minimum speed of 5 Mbps
- Personal smartphone or a tablet
Keeping our employees safe is a key focus at Discover. This position is based in our New Albany, Ohio call center. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we may ask you to be onsite on day 1 for equipment pickup and New Hire Orientation. From there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building. *
*At Discover’s discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.