|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Liquid engineering team is driving the digital transformation of Microsoft’s trustworthy computing strategy and building data and artificial intelligence services to help make the Company’s products and services secure and compliant with industry standards and policy requirement. We are responsible for delivering Liquid, an (internal) data-centric cloud service that manages multiple terabytes of data and infuses artificial intelligence to support compliance and risk decision making across the Company, particularly focused this year on the security of all Microsoft products and services. Our focus is company-wide, so we partner broadly with engineering teams, compliance and risk managers, and corporate leadership. The demand for our services continues to increase, as does the volume and complexity of the work required to deliver, so we’re looking for great people to join the team.
If you are seeking a team culture that's casual yet high-energy and grounded in delivering solutions to solve real Microsoft challenges, this is the team for you. We are an agile team of motivated, strong professionals with a can-do attitude. We enjoy partnering with other teams to develop comprehensive solutions. We work with short release cycles and aim to continuously improve the services we deliver. Delighting customers while building robust and scalable systems are our top priorities.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to be part of the core software engineering team for Liquid. In this role, you’ll work with a range of fun, modern cloud and data-centric technologies -- Azure app services (e.g., web sites), data systems (e.g., Kusto, Azure Data Lake and Data Factory) and Machine Learning technologies. You’ll have plenty of mobility across these areas so you can shine where you’re already strong but learn in new areas as well.
As a team we are proud of our approach to work/life balance: we believe that achieving compelling business results does not mean sacrificing our goals as people. If you are excited by the opportunity to work in a critical business area and build long-term value for Microsoft, then we want to hear from you!
- Design, build and ship features of our service using technologies on the Microsoft and web stack, with a focus on Azure big data -based data processing
- Full engagement in agile-based software development
- Work with peers and partners across disciplines to deliver maximum innovation and impact
- Use your love of software to make the Liquid service even more amazing!
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 6+ years' experience as a software engineer, developing and shipping software with the following:
- Design and delivery of cloud services
- Azure or similar big data technologies (e.g., Azure Data Lake, Kusto and Data Factory)
- C-sharp, .NET
- Developing data models (ideally in either SQL or NoSQL environment)
- Agile methodologies
- Strong analytical mind and a confident decision maker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well, both technically and interpersonally
- Ability to balance competing demands and adapt to changing priorities
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.