|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working on novel legal issues at the forefront of cloud computing and big data for one of the largest cloud computing companies in the world? If so, come join the Azure legal team in Microsoft’s Cloud + Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) legal group.
The Azure legal team provides front-line legal support for the engineering teams building services for Microsoft Azure. This position will focus on Azure Storage and Azure Data, the engineering groups responsible for Microsoft’s cloud storage and database efforts.
- Counsel and advise engineering and business clients on a wide variety of complex product development, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance issues across cloud, hybrid, and on-prem offerings
- Structure, draft and negotiate complex licensing and collaboration agreements
- Collaborate with legal department colleagues and business teams on developing product strategies and business models
- Collaborate with legal department colleagues and policy specialists on various legal and regulatory issues
- JD (or equivalent) and license to practice law in the US
- 4+ years as a practicing attorney
- Significant experience in intellectual property transactions and counseling
- Keen business sense, ability to think strategically, and desire to establish a trusted advisor relationship with business and engineering clients
- Flexible and analytical thinker able to quickly and accurately identify legal issues in a complex environment and to develop solutions by exercising confident judgment in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize workflow with minimal supervision
- Strong results orientation and customer focus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.